chapter...11

The fight left a bad taste in my mouth and I felt slightly bad for not telling him the truth. But the less people know about my business the less trust issues I have with who is in my circle. Walking into school with my head up and faux confidence in my step I suddenly become hyper aware of the people staring at me. 

Theo and the man trying to kill might have messed me up as person but I was not about to let these people see me at my lowest, cause the one thing vultures love the most is seeing prey vulnerable. I ignored the looks as I made my way to my locker. The door was slammed shut and I manged to move out of the way before they jammed my fingers.

"What the fuck Mike, what the hell is wrong with you!?" I push him away and he looks at me with so much spite.

"I should be asking you the same question princess, care to explain how you think the world revolves around you!"

"Excuse me, what are you talking about?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Well for one it's your fault Sebastian was attacked by your freak. Then you come back like every thing is swell, you ruined everything. You do realise this right?" His voice was low but the silence from everyone watching us made it loud enough for them to hear.

"Because of you the whole team is under evaluation for bullying because someone made it aware to the principal and our coach that we bullied him, now we might be benched for the entire season" he lashes out.

I look at him, shock silencing me. I just looked at him, I have never seen someone look at me with so much hate.

"Mike back off!" Sebastian walked in.

"Don't worry Cap just giving the queen bee a warm welcome back"  

Mike looked me up and down before walking away.

"Are you okay?" Sebastian held my arm.

"Yeah it was just Mike being Mike, I'm fine really. See you later" I rush to get my things and leave.

I took my history books and walked to class blind to the stares. I always knew Mike hated me but now he wasn't afraid to make it aware. I walked into the history class and most people were seated. 

"Ah Miss Johnson, back so soon. I'm sure you've had a warm welcome" Mr Ryder smiles.

I force a smile back "Oh yeah very toasty." 

I make my way to an empty seat the at the back and at this rate I wish I stayed home. 

"Alright class, what we are learning today is not going to be graded but it is required that the students of this town learn it's history before you graduate."

"Now can anyone tell me what they know about the history of Fallen Wood's Psychiatric Hospital that shut down fifteen years ago?"

Fallen Woods Psychiatric hospital was popular for its unorthodox methods of treatment. The kinds of treatment that were band everywhere else and somehow not Fallen Woods. Strangely the reason why it closed down years back was due to some speculating rumours of patients having their babies trafficked to rich people that didn't want to go trough the system. There were also rumours of electroshock, temperature control, forced phobia therapy being used on the patients. I knew all of this because Theo once ranted on about how dark the history of Fallen Woods was and how they sugar coated it in the books.

When all my first classes finished I made a run for the library. I couldn't stand the thought of people watching me like I was some freak show and considering Mike had his horns out today lunch would be agonisingly awkward. 

Regardless I needed to search for the tapes Viola talked about. All clubs that took place in the library had assigned lockers to keep their materials, hopefully they kept theirs open. I tried the door but it was locked. I had a feeling that the key was somewhere here in the library and Theo was the one who hid it.