Chapter...13

Trigger warning mentions of attempted SA AND physical assault.

"Why don't you start?" I asked as he sat on the chair across me.

"Well first off I made contact with the guy after you" he sighs.

"What did he say?" I tense.

"Wait before I continue, tell me what you found."

"Yeah just leave me on a cliffhanger about a man who is trying to kill me." I deadpan but he doesn't budge. I got up and started pacing back and forth

"Well first of Theo, what the fuck. I mean you knew my parents were in some illegal shit, now people are dying and I'm next on the kill list." I take in a deep breath and let it out.

"I partly know about the storks project, I talked to someone from the asylum and that was harrowing conversation." I keep pacing.

"Who do I live with? I mean it always felt off in this house growing up, but I thought that was normal. Am I? I mean was I also taken. I have never seen a picture with my mum pregnant. I just can't believe they would do that to those woman" 

I look at him and he just has this solemn look on his face.

"That's all I know" I shrug sitting down. "Now tell me what he said and what he wants cause if I'm still alive at this point in time he definitely wants something."

"How close are you to Mike's family cause they are throwing a party tomorrow?" 

"I am as close to them as Alaska is to Zimbabwe. However, my father does golf with Mike's dad."

"Well he wants you to steal a list of all the mothers  of the babies and the families they were taken to then post it online."

My heart drops.

"If I don't?" I whisper

"Jane I will take you far away from here to keep you away from him" He says sternly.

"This person is smart, calculating and patient. Dammit he's everywhere and no where at the same time, I can't let him hurt you Jane." Theo looks down in despair.

"Fine I'll do it. Then will he leave me alone?" 

"Hopefully" 

He stands up and I stand up with him.

"You're going?" I ask softly.

"I have to, I'm wanted remember?" He sighs. 

I move closer to him and hug him, he doesn't push me away but holds me closer. 

"I am sorry I locked you up but I got scared JJ. When I realised who he was targeting I didn't know how to tell you or protect you from all  of this."

"Please you could you just hold me lie this for a few more minutes." I beg into his shirt.

He pulls me to the bed and we lay down together. As odd as it was Theo was the only person I knew was always honest with me. I felt at ease with him. Anytime my world opened from underneath me he was always the one to place me on a cloud and help me sore through the sky. Now it felt like we were both falling.

"Please just stay with me a bit?" I mumble, exhaustion finally taking over forcing my eyes to close.

"I'll keep you safe JJ" Theo whispers tracing patterns on my arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey get up dinners ready."

My mother barges the door open and I sit up in a fit of panic. I look to my side and it's empty.

"Jesus sweetie try waking up gently, you'll get grey hairs early from stress"