chapter...7

Energy and persistence conquer all things~ Benjamin Franklin

Ever since I tried to escape Theo strengthened the security, now there was definitely no way out. It has been  five months in total and still no one has found me. It's hard to accept that my parents have given up so easily into finding where their child was.

I guess I didn't matter as much as I thought I did. It's around six in the morning, earlier than I usually wake up, its hard to close my eyes without seeing Sebastian's  fake bloodshot eyes staring back into my soul.

He warned me but I didn't listen, now I'm locked in a bunker with a psychopath that is obsessed with me. A psychopath who dresses and feeds me like I'm some pet. I once told him about it and he said I was more of princess stuck with a villain. Even though I hated being locked here it didn't mean I wanted to be alone. So as much as I hate the situation he put me in I liked it when he kept me company. 

 To pass time I decided to read one of the books he gave me. Ironically one was called escape room by Megan Golden, I was halfway through and one of my favourite characters Zoe managed to get out. I looked up from the book when I felt a pair of eyes watching me. 

"Have you come to torment me some more you piece of shit?"I checked out his attire, black suit with hair slicked back.

"I thought you liked when I visited you princess" I smugly looked at me and I flipped him off.

"Why are you dressed up like you're going to a funeral?" I said looking back at my book.

"Well I thought I should look presentable for your memorial service"he said calmly.

"They think I'm dead?" I ask in disbelief.

He doesn't answer.

"Theo you are erasing me, please let me go" I cry out. The longer he stays silent the angrier I get.

"I bet there's no one after me, you just want to keep me here like some fucking animal." I stare dead in to space my head filled with fury.

Before I could curse at him again we heard the doorbell ring. He walked towards the computer systems connected to all the cameras. I walked towards the glass screen to see who it was.Hope sparked when I saw who it was, but it slowly died when I realised that Stephan was in danger.

"Well look what we have here my Jane has a knight who just wont give up" 

I started banging on the screen "Theo please don't hurt him, please I will do anything just don't hurt him, please, please I beg you."

I was on my knees tears welling in my eyes, heart beating fast, goosebumps forming out of fear. Theo bent down so that we were face to face except for the glass screen separating us.

"What does he know sweetheart?"his face void of any emotion but his jaw ticking with anger.

"He knows that you are my friend and that you tried to hurt me but he doesn't know how you look" I looked down and picked at my fingers.

He slowly nodded his head then turned to the stairs. I stood up looking for a way to warn Stephan, I couldn't have more deaths in my conscious. I looked at the TV to see if he was still there, why couldn't he just give up. All of a sudden Theo walked out wearing a gardener's outfit.

His accent changed to a southern one so perfectly I almost didn't believe that was him.

"Can I help you sir?" Theo's performance was quite impressive, hopefully it was good enough to get rid of Stephan.

"A girl has been filed missing, I'm detective Holder, and I am the one helping with her case" Stephan said with a professional tone. 

"I've just been going around town asking people if they have seen anything" 

"Oh I heard about that, my bets are on the boyfriend he was kinda unhinged but I didn't know them well I work as a gardener for some houses around my names Jordan most of the families know of me" I rolled my eyes but prayed for Stephan to leave.

"Well if you see anything strange report to the police station, nice to meet you Jordan"

"You too officer" Theo tipped his head and watched Stephan walk back to his car. He turned to the camera and winked at me, almost mockingly.

I went back to the bed, looking up at the ceiling. Maybe someone hasn't given up on me. They better find me soon before I completely lose it.I heard Theo's footsteps and I didn't even bother to sit up. I just at the ceiling my heart beat returning back to its normal pace.

"Well Jane I'm late for your memorial service now but I will be back soon maybe I will make us lasagne for dinner" his accent returned back to normal.

I ignored him and stared blankly at the ceiling . I laid in bed for a while until something on the TV caught my eye. Stephan was still her , maybe I could catch his eye.I frantically looked around for a way to call him.

Come on Jane think, what would Zoe do.

Then a light bulb clicked, I had to find something long enough to reach the on and off key on the security system.Hopefully the tables sticks were long enough to tap the buttons. There were six cameras that lead to the bunker but all I had to do was flash the front door camera. It was ridiculous idea but I had nothing to loose.

I placed the stick through the door where he gave me my food. Luck was definitely on my side today. The stick reached the front door camera switch. I taped in the Morse code for SOS, he wasn't looking up at first.

When he did look up he scrunched his face in confusion then slowly realised. He waved his arms slowly, I blinked the light to spell Jane. Thank God I used to be a die hard girl scout.

His eyes went wide, he took out his gun and shot at the door. I flashed the second light that was in hallway he caught on to what I was doing and followed the lights to the bunker.

"JANE!" I let out a breath of relief  and dropped the stick.

"Stephan I'm here" tears of joy fell down my face. He was shocked to see the state I was in but we didn't have time for that.

"Stephan we have to be quick Theo could come back at anytime, grab the keys and let's get out of here."

When he opened the door, I grabbed his hand and we raced for the exit. I figure the door would be open after Stephan broke it but strangely it was locked shut.

"Oh no he came back!" I groaned in frustration and punched the door.Stephan placed his hands on my shoulder to calm me but now wasn't the time.

I looked up at the camera for the entrance and flipped the middle finger.

"I know you're in here you sick little shit, well if you wont let us out then I'll just burn us out!"

I grabbed the lit candle stick and placed it on the curtain.

"Jane what are you doing?!" Stephan grabbed the stick out of my hand. "You do realise were stuck in here two right!"

"So is he and I want this place to burn" 

I threw the stick onto the curtains and lit them up. I grabbed Stephan's arm and guided him to the basement where I was sure there was an exit.

Smoke started to fill the mansion and I was starting to realise that was a bad idea but I was angry. The door that led to out side was rusty at the hinges, I remember hearing them creak every time Theo came through that door.

"If we run full force into that door it will break." I yell frantically.

"How do you know?" Stephan yelled back the sound of smoke alarms ringing was defining.

"Trust me!"

We rammed into the door breaking it down a shard of wood sliced my arm but we were out. I was finally free. In the distances I could hear the blaring ring of the fire trucks and police cars. I tuned out everything and just stared at the burning house.

Was it really over all? Who wants to hurt me? The lack of oxygen and the blood draining from my arm made me feel drowsy. Darkness quickly took over and everything became nothing.