Chapter...15

"We have to bury the body" My mothers french tips now stained with blood as she scrubbed the floor.

"In the woods?" My voice cracks, I look down and my hands are raw from the bleach.

"Yeah that's good we can dump him there then run from here" She sniffs.

"From the authorities?" Panic blatant in my voice.

"No sweetie from worse people, your father used to hang around with characters." 

"Help me drag him to the guest bathroom" 

We heave his lifeless body into the tub and my mother gets plastic tarp from the garage including a saw and blow torch.

"Mum?" My stomach knots and I feel sick.

"Go clean the foyer again use hot water and hydrogen peroxide and do it again Jane. The more spotless we leave this house the more time we get to disappear"

I just nod and leave closing the door behind me. My once cream dress is now drenched in a deep rouge. I boil water and just watch it heat up, the silence in the house is deafening. What the actually fuck just happened? I look out the window the sun is starting to set.  This didn't make any sense one minute she tells me she can't protect me from my father the next she's stabbing him in the back.

My phone rings on the table halting my thoughts. It's probably Sebastian. I watch it ring, it's best  to answer.

Hey Jane are you okay, what happened?!

Yes I'm fine. I'm at home right now with my mum.

Oh okay. Jane are you okay? You sound off.

Yes I'm fine. Sorry Stephan I have to go my mum is taking me to New York to celebrate. Bye.

I cut the call tears flooding my waterline. She had a knife and she stabbed him, now she's cutting him up. 

Okay Jane, just don't think clean the floor.

She walks out with black bags and I break down.

"Mum I can't do this, I'm sorry. I can't, I'm scared" I sob.

"Sweetie if we don't do this we die, just pull it together for me for one more hour okay" She looks at me her eyes wild still high on adrenaline.

With that we fall into a robotic routine of getting my father into a bag then drag him into his golf cart. My mother throws  shovels in the back and we drive off into the woods, far from home. We reach a spot near the hills. We dig silently the harsh sounds of sand and metal echoing around us. We dug at six different spots  and dropped the spots. My mum took out a packet of wild seedlings and threw them on the spots and every where else to cover where he is buried. Still silent we drive back home and it's dark now. She parks the golf cart and we just sit there. 

"Go shower sweetheart and put your clothes in a bag I'll get it, then burn them. Okay Jane?"

"Okay" I say softly getting out the cart.

I walk into the house the smell of bleach heavy in the air triggering me to remember the events that led up to this point. I run into my bathroom and empty the contents of my stomach in the toilet. The bile burns my throat and the smell can't beat the over powering sent of his blood. I remove my once cream dress now stained dark crimson and earth from the dirt.

I enter the shower letting the hot water scald my skin hoping to remove the unsettled feeling in my chest. I can't cry any more, my eyes, drained from every tear drop I let out. Am I happy he's dead? Maybe, but at what expense? I get out of the shower feeling semi clean and proceed to get my duffel bag that had enough items to run away with since I was already planning to run away.