.eight

It was not fine.

Maeve groaned as a contraction hit, looking to her brother in disbelief as he stared at the road ahead, her car still parked.

"Stiles go!" Maeve exclaimed.

Blinking, Stiles looked down at Maeve's car keys. If there was one thing Stiles was never aloud to do, it was driving Maeve's car - her very expensive car.

"I'm driving?" He squeaked, slowly approaching the car, Maeve was already settling herself down in the passenger seat.

"No we're walking," Maeve grumbled, rolling her eyes as Stiles hesitantly put his hands on the wheel, "Drive!"

Stiles' eyes widened in fear, "Are we in a hurry? Do I need to speed? I have too many tickets-"

"Sort of, yeah!" Maeve breathed heavily, blinking in surprise as the car lurched forward, speeding down the road, "Relax! I meant actually drive the car not reenact fast and furious! Stiles, labour can last days before the baby is even born. Just get me to the hospital in one piece and it will be fine."

Stiles nodded, slowing down the car to a speed that wouldn't give them whiplash.

Maeve stared at her phone in pure rage, after her fifth call Derek still was not picking up, "Derek won't pick up."

"Regret marrying him yet?" Stiles teased, now excited by driving Maeve's car.

"Nope," Maeve held her phone to her ear, talking to his answer machine, "Derek Seth Hale if you do not answer this phone immediately I swear to god we are never having sex again. Never!"

"Maeve!" Stiles whined, scrunching up his face in disgust, "I don't need to know."

Maeve rolled her eyes, "Stiles, how do you think I got pregnant in the first place?"

Maeve's patience was almost non existence at this point, Stiles' lack of knowledge on the female anatomy was  getting on her very last nerve.

"I know how babies are made, Maeve. Doesn't mean I have to like it. How would you like it if I talked about my sex life? Huh?" Stiles argued with a scowl.

Maeve snorted, "You don't have one."

"I could!" Stiles whined, letting out a huff as Maeve raised her brows teasingly, "You're so mean to me. I Liked it before you knew we were siblings."

Maeve laughed loudly, "Keep telling yourself that, Mieczyslaw."

"Maeve!"

_

Stiles hesitantly glanced at Maeve, her eyes were shut and she was taking deep breaths. Derek had missed over one hundred calls, and Maeve was now meditating to the sound of the rings going through her car speakers linked to her phone.

Stiles pressed at random buttons on the screen, hoping it would call someone helpful.

Luckily, Elizabeth's voice broke through the speakers, "Maeve? Did you find them?"

Maeve's eyes shot open, crying in relief, "Mom!"

Stiles seemed to have the same idea, shouting, "Elizabeth!"

"Is everything okay?"

Maeve went silent, holding onto dashboard as she breathed through a contraction.

"No! Well yes, we found them! It's Maeve-" Stiles panicked, "She's having the babies!"

"What! Where are you?"