- Three

Derek knew it was a bad idea to leave and help Chris with a lead in South America, but with a pack he can trust Derek didn't fear for the safety of his children. The safety of their caretakers was more concerning, for his kids were hard work.

So he enlisted the only one who he knows that can handle the kids for more than one day.

"But who will look after us?" Florence questioned, stealing a piece of toast from Freddie's plate.

Freddie took a waffle from hers, eyes widening as he spotted Peter walk into the room, "Oh no."

"Does mum know about this?" Luna questioned, sipping at her coffee as she eyes Peter wearily.

"No, but she'll be fine with it," Derek shrugged, "I'll tell her when I leave."

Luna scoffed, "That'll go well."

"I'm your uncle," Peter reminded, "More than capable of watching you rugrats."

"Great uncle," Florence corrected.

Peter rolled his eyes and sat down, nudging Kit awake, the youngest Hale was asleep with his head in his breakfast.
Kit looked around in confusion, wiping the bread from his face as he spotted Peter and grinned mischievously.

Derek pretended not to notice his sons troubled gleam and stood from the table.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Derek promised, saying goodbye to his children and leaving before Peter could change his mind.

"Peter, have you ever pierced a nose before?" Florence questioned, innocently pouring milk into her cereal.

Peter stared at her in confusion, "No, but I resurrected myself - can't be much harder than that. Why?"

Luna interrupted before Florence could speak, glaring warningly at her sister, "Florence, you're seven, mums told you thousands of times you can't get a nose ring!"

With Derek gone, Luna didn't get a quiz every time she left the house, meaning she could visit Sam without the usual level of suspicion.

They sat on the deck leading onto the lake in the Hale house grounds, leaning back against him as their feet dangled in the water.

"Sam?" Luna looked away from the water, blinking up at him, "Are gonna talk about it?"

"About what?" Sam asked.

Luna rolled her eyes and huffed, "Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that we made out yesterday and we have her to acknowledge it?"

"What's there to say about it?" Sam started, sitting up, "We're together now, right? I mean, I want us to be - only if that's what you want!"

Luna smiled awkwardly, "I just didn't want to assume..."

"You think so much," Sam pointed out, leaning over to kiss her, "in that big brain of yours. We're still best friends, we just... kiss."

"Best friends that kiss?" Luna asked in amusement, "Not boyfriend and girlfriend."

"You spent the past three years ranting about how boys ruined education and you wouldn't get a boyfriend until you had a degree or two," Sam reminded playfully.

"I may of gotten a little ahead of myself," Luna blushed, "I still stand by my statement, though, education first!"

"So what I'm hearing, is that we can still kiss when we're not in school?" Sam teased, laughing as Luna whacked his chest.

"Yes, idiot, we can still kiss," Luna laughed.

"Great," Sam stated before gently pulling Luna down to lie beside him, kissing her silent before she started on another rant.