ten.

Isaac, Derek and Kieran were greeted by the sound of Maeve and Dean arguing in the kitchen as they entered the loft. A sound that was way too common for concern.

Muttering to himself as he walked out of the kitchen, Dean paused noticing his classmate, raising his brows in confusion, "Isaac? What's going on?"

"Isaac's part of the pack now," Derek answered, staring at his younger brother knowingly,  "I trust you'll keep an eye out for him."

Dean nodded slowly, "'Course."

"Luna!" Maeve was out of the kitchen next, carrying a large bowl of pasta that Dean quickly took from her hands.

Realising she'd practically shouted in their faces as a greeting, Maeve smiled, "Oh! Sorry, I didn't realise you were here."

"This is Isaac," Derek introduced, "Isaac this is Maeve."

"Nice to meet you, Isaac," Maeve greeted warmly, easing Isaacs nerves as she motioned to the dining table, "You hungry?"

The group made their way into the dining room where Lorraine was already sat at the head of the table, a large glass of wine in hand hand, flicking through a magazine with the other.

Isaac nodded shyly, sitting down beside Dean as Luna came thundering into the room, sprinting towards the table that she'd probably run head first into if Derek didn't catch her.

Derek swung her around playfully, Luna shifted in his arms, hugging him tightly, "What? No hello?"

Luna grinned up at him, "It's dinner time!"

"You love food more than me?" Derek questioned, pouting mockingly.

Luna shook her head quickly, leaning against his shoulder as he set her down on her designated chair, "No!"

Derek chuckled, kissing the top of her head, "That's what I thought."

"You'll get used to it," Dean told Isaac who watched the interaction in surprise, snatching a bread roll off Luna before she took them all, "It's an odd sight for people who know grumpy Derek."

Sitting down at the table, Kieran hummed in agreement "It's still an odd sight for people who know normal Derek."

Maeve rolled her eyes as she walked past, whacking the back of the brothers heads, but Dean simply smiled back, "Am we wrong though?"

Lorraine finally set down the paper, eyeing Isaac suspiciously, "The new beta, I presume, Derek?"

Isaac froze, admittedly terrified of the woman.

Luna grinned as she noticed his, speaking through a mouthful of pasta, "Isaac, that's nana Lorraine, she looks scary but she isn't! Promise!"

"Dear god, Luna, finish what you're chewing before you speak," Lorraine tutted, "It's very unladylike. You have your mothers manners, apparently."

Maeve sat down with a huff, "Nan! I have perfectly acceptable manners."

Lorraine opened her mouth to add more but Maeve beat her too it, "And morals! Thank you, I can see that judgy look in your eye."

"I'd argue differently," Dean added, grinning as Maeve glared back at him.

Luna made an effort of gulping down her pasta, "I think mommy's manners are fine."

"Thank you Luna," Maeve smiled, "At least I have someone on my side."