nine

Christine Baranski as Lorraine

Derek rolled his eyes as he walked back into his room, pulling his basketball jersey over his head. Maeve sat on the floor surrounded by files, pinning them up to the blackboard that Derek didn't even realise she'd brought.

"Okay, Nancy Drew, that's enough of that." Derek picked up the board despite Maeve's protests, placing It in his wardrobe before turning around to help her up.

"'That', is me saving your ass, thank you very much." Maeve grumbled, crossing her arms over her denim jacket.

Derek sighed nervously, "Just, be careful today, okay?"

After finding her mother, Maeve was onto her next stage of finding out everything about her family her own way. The next task wasn't easy to find, but had the biggest consequences.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," Maeve picked up her bag, slinging it over her shoulder, smiling up at Derek.

"If anything happens, you call me," Derek began, kissing the top of her head as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Derek, you're stressing," Maeve laughed against his chest, pulling away to wrap her arms around his neck, "I'll be straight in, get the information I need and out again."

"I still don't like it." Derek complained.

Derek didn't quite realise how protective he'd gotten over Maeve, when he was with her he felt fine about letter go off on her mysteries but now he wasn't with her, he couldn't help but worry. Add Peter into the mix, and Derek didn't even want to think of the chaos they would get up too.

"Tough," Maeve grinned swiftly kissing him before nudging him towards the door, "Go to practice."

Peter stepped out from behind the door, staring at his nephew mockingly "Yeah, Derek, listen to the supernatural vigilante over here."

"What do you want, Peter?" Derek grumbled, picking up his gym bag from under his desk.

"Easy, Derek," Peter held his hands up innocently, nodding at Maeve, "I'm just the chauffeur."

Maeve waved back to Derek, sliding on her ankle boots before pushing Peter out of the room, the duo making her way out of the house.

Peter sat down in the drivers seat with a huff, glancing over at Maeve in amusement, "What adventure am I taking you to today, captain?"

Maeve smiled nervously, "Don't freak out okay?"

_

Once realising where he was taking her, Peter had every right to freak out. Eichen House looked more intimidating every time he passed it, now knowing what lurked in the basement, Peter happily kept his distance. But here Maeve was, dragging him into the lions den.

"Wait here," Maeve instructed noticing the guard waiting for her, motioning to the seat in the waiting room.

Peter glared over at the guard protectively, "I'm not letting you go down there alone."

"God, you're just as bad as Derek!" Maeve exclaimed, shaking her head in annoyance, making her way over to the guard "I'll be fine, Peter."

After walking down enough staircases that even as a werewolf Maeve grew tired, they had finally reached the basement.

"Lorraine Argent?" the guard checked, Maeve nodded, walking in through the barred up doors as the guard held it open for her.

Letting the door shut behind her, Maeve took a deep breath, walking down the hallway. Sets of eyes watched her as she walked, the beta squeezing her eyes shut to avoided their gazes.