three.

Maeve smiled and thanked the nurse, glancing down the hospital hallway at the familiar scent, letting out a sigh, "Oh for gods sake."

Derek discreetly made his way down the corridor, slipping past a cleaning cart into the next hallway. Maeve rolled her eyes, huffing in annoyance as she rushed after him.

"Derek!" Maeve grabbed onto his leather jacket, turning him around to face her, raising her brows expectantly.

Derek stared at her in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Maeve argued, Derek watched a doctor leave one of the rooms, ignoring her question "Derek?"

Once the doctor was out of sight, Derek made his way towards the door, but Maeve caught his jacket again, "Derek!"

"Are you trying to get arrested?" Maeve questioned as he turned around, noticing the police guarded door "Again?"

Derek rolled his eyes, "You offering?"

Maeve glared up at him, "Shut up."

Maeve watched with a frown as the guard walked off, probably changing shifts.

Derek went to open the door, stopping as Maeve once again interrupted, "Uh, Derek? What are you doing!"

"I have to ask him something," Derek replied ominously.

"You can't just waltz in there and demand answers," Maeve crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head in annoyance "And don't you dare think about threatening him either."

"Why not?"

"Because you have something called integrity," Maeve stated, "Thats just some poor old guy that got attacked. Do you really think he'd pay attention when trying not to die by some rabid werewolf? Let's just nicely ask him what he saw..."

Derek sighed, but nodded, moving aside for Maeve to follow him into the room, the two of them cautiously standing at the end of the hospital bed.

"Who's the alpha?" Derek questioned bluntly, Maeve tried to hold back her laugh at his lack of tact.

Maeve stepped forward, softly calling over, "Sir, could you tell us who the alpha is? No? Okay then, bye bye-"

Derek caught Maeve's shoulder, keeping her in place. Maeve glared daggers at her ex husband, Derek quickly removing his hand before Maeve shouted at him.

Derek glowed his eyes at the patient, in a matter of seconds, all his stats started to go up, staring at Derek in complete terror.

"Great, no need to scare him to death in the process!" Maeve scolded, eyes widening in disbelief as the heart monitor flatlined, "Oh, come on!"

Looking between the machine and the man, Maeve gasped, "Is he dead?"

Derek stayed silent, grabbing Maeve's arm, pulling her out of the hospital room as she muttered complains under her breath.

"Why do you drag me into your stupid ideas!" Maeve exclaimed as they hurried down one of the back staircases, checking over her shoulder to see if anyone was following them "We just killed a man!"

"This was your idea!" Derek argued.

"I didn't propose that we kill him, Derek!" Maeve whisper shouted, staring at her ex in disbelief as he shrugged, "Oh are we playing that game? Yes, let's just go running around killing people, why not?!"