nine.

Luna rolled her eyes, standing beside her father at the school gates, the both of them watching in embarrassment as Maeve stumbled out of her car, waving at them as she attempted to rush over in her heels.

"I'm here!" Maeve exclaimed, scooping Luna into a dramatic hug, "I'm here!"

Luna wriggled in her mothers arms, scowling, "Mom!"

Maeve only hugged her tighter.

It was Derek's turn to roll his eyes, "Maeve."

Maeve sighed, unwrapping her arms from around Luna, moving to stand beside Derek.

"It's just a normal day, mom," Luna reminded, taking her sparkly backpack from Derek, "You didn't have to come."

Maeve frowned slightly, "But it's your first day back from suspension."

Luna raised her brows, mocking her mothers typical questioning stance by crossing her arms, "Which I wouldn't of had if you didn't scream at my teacher, mommy."

"Hold on a -" Maeve argued, stopping herself as Derek placed his hand on her shoulder, shaking his head at her.

After the whole Kate situation,  Maeve made it very clear to the teachers about keeping an eye on Luna, ending up with Luna getting suspended for leaving school without an adult.

"Have a good day," Derek kissed the top of the Luna's head, leading her through the gates before Maeve could get in another word.

"Jazz is going to pick you up and you'll go to her house for dinner!" Maeve called after her, nervously tapping her foot.

"Okay!" Luna shouted back as she ran into the playground.

Derek noticed her frown, "She's going to be fine."

"I know," Maeve mumbled, watching her run intently.

Luna almost made it safely to the doors, until she tripped on a pebble and face planted the floor.

Maeve's mouth fell open in shock whilst Derek tried his very best not to laugh.

Luna had her fair share of bumps and scrapes, when she was younger Derek practically cried in pain for her, but discovering she had her mothers clumsiness, Derek had to deal with his daughter getting hurt and not having a meltdown about it.

"Lu?!" Derek had to hold Maeve back from picking up their daughter and taking her back home.

Luna scrambled to her feet, waving goodbye as she dashed up the steps, "I'm okay!"

Maeve sighed as the doors slammed shut , reluctantly turning to walk back to their cars, "She's so vulnerable."

"We've spoken to the school, well, shouted in your case," Derek ignored her glare, "But they know the rules about who can pick her up now. Dean is barley a few meters away. And if Deans not there, there's Scott, hell, there's even Stiles. Plus, she's our daughter, she's proven she's not stupid."

Maeve nodded along to his points, raising a brow at his silence, "And?"

"I'm going to start a pack," Derek watched her reaction cautiously.

Maeve squinted at him, "You mean you have started a pack and you're just nicely telling me now?"

Maeve knew as soon as Derek became an alpha he'd want a pack, he'd been surrounded by a large one for almost all of his childhood, it only made sense.

At Derek's nod, Maeve shrugged, unlocking her car, "It was the right thing to do."

"You sure?" Derek hesitated.