forty-three

One by one, we charge at the purple titan and try our best to have some sort of affect against him, but every time we would do so, he would use the stones against us.

   Bruce lost his physical state when Thanos used them, causing the man to go straight through him like a ghost and become buried in the rock of the cliff behind him, rendering him motionless. Steve took a run at him next, but was thrown by a purple energy before he was even close enough to land a hit. T'Challa's suit glowed with unused kinetic energy as he took a turn next. He leapt into the air with claws extended, but was caught by his throat and thrown to the ground, causing the kinetic energy to disperse. Sam aimed both of his guns at Thanos as he swooped down and began firing, but the titan used the stones against him and rendered the wings on the Falcon suit useless.

   I reach into my belt and pull out a knife I'd recovered from one of the aliens I'd taken down. The blade was coated in dried blood but it didn't matter. The weapon would work perfectly for a distraction.

   From my position, I set my arm back and threw it as hard as I could at the center of his face, causing the purple alien to sidestep the weapon and use the stones to turn it around at me. But by the time he'd done so, I was already in front of him and sending an upwards kick to the bottom of his jaw. It made his head fly backwards and I took the moment to try to rip the gauntlet off his hand with my telekinesis. Sadly, his grip was too tight and I wasn't able to prevail in the small time span. He summoned the knife with the stones and sent it hurling towards my head, but I leaned back far enough for it to only graze my cheek.

   I was suddenly thrown into the air. When I neared the ground, I expected a harsh landing, but my body was enveloped by the earth just like Bruce had been with the rocks, hindering my movements.

   I thrash in the restraint of the dirt, but will myself to calm down and use my abilities. My eyes light up with a vibrant lavender color and I use my telekinesis to lift the millions of particles of dirt off of my body. I scramble to my feet and let the earth drop as I focus back in on the fight.

   Steve held the titan's hand open so he couldn't use the stones, but the brief moment of victory is suffocated when Thanos brings his other fist to the captain's head, rendering him unconscious. Thanos' eyes glare into mine sickeningly as he raises his fist and a red glow emits from it. I shoot my hand out, expecting to be able to use my powers to stop him, but nothing happens. I looked down to my hand, now taking in the fact that you could almost see through them; like a ghost.

   The titan smirked, knowing that I couldn't do anything now. "I like this reality much better."

   My jaw slacked in horror as I felt a sense of helplessness fall over me. I couldn't do anything, so I needed to get someone who could.

   My eyes flickered around the battlefield, desperate to find someone that was able. I made out a blonde head of hair against the grass, making my feet quick to take me towards it. Large slabs of rock piled over Natasha's frame and incapacitated the woman. Her eyes fell onto my ghost-like appearance and her brows furrowed. "What the hell?" she grumbled out. "What—what did he do to you?"

   "I'm not completely sure. Can you get out at all?" She shook her head. "Where are the others? I—he's going after Wanda and—" I cut myself off as a wave of energy ran through me, causing goosebumps to raise on my skin. I looked over to see a blinding light of yellow and the trees shuddering all around us.

   An odd, tingly feeling washed over me as my eyes frantically found Wanda sitting on the ground, a sorrowful expression painted on her face. She'd done it, she'd destroyed the stone. So why did I still feel like everything was about to fall apart?

guys i just realized: if peter and ned love star wars so much then how come they haven't noticed that fury looks exactly like master windu??