twenty-four

thank y'all for 16k reads & 500 votes :)

"I really don't wanna do this again. I made you pass out for a reason." I remark as the girl stands in front of me. "Wait, if he's Spider-Man, are you Spider-Woman?"

   She shrugs. "I mean, yeah."

   "Cool." I say simply. She doesn't wait for another word before quickly jumping at me.

   She sends a kick to my head that I narrowly dodge. I grab her foot while it's up and twist her ankle, causing her to squirm in my grip before I use my strength to throw her back a foot or two. She rolls over her shoulder and into a squatting position.

   Flicking her wrist to the right, she wraps a web on a large piece of metal and hurls it at my body. I hold up my hand and the purple aura of my power surrounds the object as I make a breaking motion with my hands to tear it in half. "You shouldn't have done that." I tell her before shooting the jagged pieces at her and embedding them into the concrete around her figure.

   I bend the metal with my telekinesis, making it wrap over her body and close her in. "You should've just waited inside, kid." The metal presses down on her torso, not enough to hurt, but just enough to make her uncomfortable. I press my hand to her forehead again. "Just stay asleep this time, yeah?" I do a simpler version of what I did inside, making her eyes roll to the back of her head and her body to go slack. "One problem down." I mutter. "Again."

   I survey the area around me, trying to see if anyone needed help. I noticed cat guy was trying to kill Bucky again so I jogged over. They both had each other in a chokehold.

   "We didn't kill your father." Bucky states, not easing his grip.

   "Then why did you run?" T'Challa's accent reverberates through his mask as he peels Bucky's hand from his neck and twists them both over onto the ground. The quickly get to their feet and, the king delivers a roundhouse kick to Bucky's face, making me run faster to reach them.

   The force of the kick slammed Bucky back into a stack of crates, leaving him vulnerable to another attack. Claws appear out of T'Challa's gloved hand and he goes for his throat.

   Power surges through my body again and my hand shoots out to stop him with my telekinesis. A lavender aura surrounds his hand as I slow to a stop a few feet away from them. I make a twisting and throwing motion with my hands and chuck him across the runway and into a metal container, causing a large hole in the side of it.

   "If he had a random guy in a cat suit chasing after him, he'd run, too." I sigh, slightly out of breath from sprinting basically all the way across the airport. "We need to hurry up with this." I remind him.

   We jog over to where we see Steve just getting out of a fight with Spider-Man. We all back up into a moveable staircase, normally used to board planes, but in this case used as a shield from all the idiots shooting at us.

   "Steve!" I call out, getting his attention.

   "We gotta go." Bucky says. "That guy's probably in Siberia by now." Steve looks around briefly, coming up with a plan.

   "We gotta draw out the flyers." He looks over the stairs. "I'll take Vision. Raven you make sure he gets to the jet." Steve tells me and I nod.

   "No! You get to the jet! All three of you." Sam comes in over the comms. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

   "As much as I hate to admit it," Clint speaks up. "If we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it."

   "This isn't the real fight, Steve." Sam comes in again to remind him. All of us working together and talking over the radios reminded me of New York, I just wished it wasn't on these terms.