16. I Can't Die!

He got into a fighting stance, eyes glinting with determination.

'Step two, determine my hunter. #151. Completed.'

ヽ(◕﹏◕)ノ

'This guy looks like he's pretty strong!'

Kosai cheered in her mind. 

Nef had caught a whiff of his scent when Kosai had bumped into him earlier that day. When Kosai asked, Nef had drawn out directions for her to follow.

She was planning to bring him along, however, he vehemently refused. Kosai decided to follow his wishes and left him in a cave along with her backpack. Hopefully, she'll remember the way to get back.

The male in front of her got into an opening stance. 

'Oooh!~ He wants ta' fight too!'

She agreed to the silent declaration of battle, pulling herself upright onto the branch. 

She got it the same position she did when she played the game with Netero. This time, both hands were placed in front of her chest, since she had no intention of giving his opponent a surprise kick this time around.

Her playful gaze turned calculative as she stared at her opponent.

'Gotta go after the badge. Make him feel like I'm more interested in the fight than the ID. Lure him into a fake sense of security, gotta wait for an opening.'

She grinned.

'This is gonna be fun.'

●﹏●

'Unusual stance, she was likely self-taught.'

The male shifted his stance into one that could more comfortably receive attacks from above.

'She's just a kid, this should be over in just a few minutes.'

Oh, how wrong he was.

Kosai dashed off the branch, landing right in front of him.

The moment she touched the ground, she jumped back up, raising one leg parallel to her ear, looking as though she was performing a dropkick.

He dodged easily.

'She's fast, but predictable.'

Kosai brought the leg down earlier than expected, so instead of crashing down against the ground, she landed on her toes and used the momentum she still had to she to perfectly execute a cartwheel.

She squatted down, getting in her opening stance, but this time both her arms were inconspicuously reaching behind her back.