Chapter 36: Farewells

"Why are you leaving?!" Anko shouted as Naruto was putting several items into a sealing scroll that was laid across his bed. 

"I have orders to train Sasuke and make sure he doesn't stray from the path we wish him to walk. He's a flight risk, a big flight risk." He said, telling only half the truth. 

"Bull shit!" Anko shouted as she tried grabbing the blonde, only to stop as he vanished to the other side of the room. "Get over here!" 

"I'll be back in three years, Anko-chan. I'm sorry, but this is how it has to be. This will benefit everyone in the future." 

"Stop lying to me!" She shouted, throwing a kunai at him only for the Namikaze to snatch it out of the air and put it into his scroll. 

"I'm not lying. Sasuke and I need to leave the village for a bit in order to breathe and focus on ourselves, the Council deemed that three years would be enough time." 

"Why are you leaving without me then? Am I not required? Am I not enough for you?!" Naruto's eyes softened at the obvious hurt that was laced in Anko's voice. 

"Of course you are, Anko-chan, I love you with every fiber of my soul. It's just that I have to do this, in order to get myself under control as well as Sasuke. Distance makes the heart grow fonder." 

"What do you mean get yourself under control?" She whispered. "What does that mean?" Naruto sighed as he set down the clothes that were in his hand and cupped Anko's cheeks in his hands before kissing her forehead. 

"I'm not well, Anko-chan. Something is wrong with me, something really wrong and I need to go away in order to cure myself of the problem. When I come back, I'll be better than ever and I'll still love you, that much will not change." 

"Please don't leave me," She whispered as tears gathered in her eyes. "I can't live without you." Naruto pulled her into a hug, a sad smile on his face. 

"Nor I without you. It'll be okay, you still have Sakura to accompany you, she's like my daughter ya know? I wonder if that makes you her mom." He said thoughtfully as a grin spread across his face. Anko was also smiling, her face buried in his shoulder, getting his shirt wet. 

"Idiot," She whispered. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sakura, Sai, I'm going to miss you both. I know you're probably worried who is going to train you, but don't worry. Kakashi and Anko will be taking over your training until both of you can put them into the ground without much effort, okay?" Naruto said quickly, standing at the village gates with Sasuke next to him. 

"I'll miss you, sensei," Sai spoke with a tad bit of emotion in his voice, a content smile on his face contrast to the usual blank one he wore before. "I hope your journey will give you what you're looking for." Naruto grinned as his palest student. 

"Of course, and when I get back, all of us are going to spar and I want you guys to beat the absolute shit out me!" Sakura palmed her fist, a giant grin on her face. 

"Believe it dad! We'll kick your ass!" Naruto paused at the word she had used. Realizing what she said, Sakura blushed in embarrassment. "S-Sorry, it just slipped out, I'm sor-" She was cut off when she was engulfed in a hug.

"No need to apologize, it's fine." Naruto whispered in her ear. "I'm fine with being your father if you'll have me." Tears gathered in Sakura's eyes, tears of pure happiness as she nodded frantically.