Chapter 18: Plot

Two Years Later

Naruto whistled away as he drank whiskey straight out the bottle, the burning sensation going down his throat had dullened over the years of constant drinking, and he would never have to worry about his liver due to the Kyuubi's healing prowess.

Ah yes, the beast that resided within the blonde was a vicious one, but Naruto was slowly starting to get the demon fox to warm up to him. 

He had gone on several more missions, growing more powerful with each day passing. He was strong. He knew this. But how strong was he really? The fourteen-year-old didn't know. His opponents on his missions had either been defeated easily or they gave up when they realized he was no an ordinary shinobi. 

But things were starting to get different. There were talks, whispers, curses, and every single last one of them were towards the Uchiha. He wondered why. And because of this, he decided to go pay a visit. He threw the empty whiskey bottle away before heading towards the Uchiha District. 

Naruto knocked on the door of the leader of the Uchiha Clan, Fugaku Uchiha, who was also like a distant uncle to him over these past few years since his biological family had perished. 

Fugaku opened the door, his eyes troubled. 

"Hello?" He saw it was Naruto and sized him up, his usually serious face lightened up slightly. "Ah, Naruto, come on in." Naruto nodded to the father of two and walked into the home, the smell invading his nostrils. Mikoto was making lunch. 

He sat down at the kitchen table where Fugaku sat from across him. Mikoto's eyes widened at the boy's presence, overjoyed. 

"Naruto-kun is that you?" Naruto gave her a grin.

"It's nice to see you as well, Mikoto-san." 

"Would you like some tea? Lunch is almost ready." Naruto nodded.

"Tea please, I just had lunch so need to worry about me." She nodded before going back into the kitchen.

"I can tell that you aren't here for Itachi, so what do you need, boy?" Naruto's smile lowered, the faintest hint of a sad smile was still on his face. 

"I've heard some rumors lately, words filled and laced with hatred towards the Uchiha. What's happening, Fugaku?" Fugaku frowned, standing up from his chair. 

"Follow me to the back, Naruto." 

Naruto didn't say anything, he just followed the man to the backyard. 

"I promised you a rematch when we first sparred, I told you we'd fight again when you became a Genin. You're a Jounin now, and we haven't had our fight. So, we'll have it now." 

"I don't think this is an appropriate time for-" Naruto began only to catch a kunai that would've split his forehead open. 

"When a shinobi fights, there is no time for talk!" Fugaku shouted, his Sharingan active as he dashed towards Naruto, a small sword in his hand. He was a Jounin! A retired Jounin but his skills had not diminished! He would show that he was still stronger than Minato's brat! 

Naruto vanished from Fugaku's sight, making the Uchiha Clan's leader take a breath before he found his sword out of his hand as Naruto gripped his wrist tightly, holding it into the air. 

"What's wrong, Fugaku-san?" Naruto spoke quietly, alarm in his voice. 

"The Uchiha are not weak!" Fugaku roared as he threw a punch with his left hand, only for Naruto to block that punch as well.