~TWENTY TWO~

KATE'S POV

It's been a week since my last heat and since I have spoken to Xavious.

I was getting more familiar with his pack and noticed the stiffness and soldier like appearance in them. They bowed their heads as I walked past and even kneeled down once the hybrid Alpha was around.

Disciplined is what they are but even though they are the most feared pack out there shouldn't they just take it a notch or two down?

That is why I've have been training the youths mostly; along with combat fighting and helping them in transforming from man to werewolf and vice versa. Not only that but I was given my own studio!

One side lined with mirrored glass reflecting the red beams from above. Traditional hardwood flooring and a few barres' set along the walls. Most importantly a huge sound system, how can one dance without the feel of music... well, for beginners mostly.

As for the youths also, I've been training them and to rewind I give them dance lessons and most of the time it's to express feelings with one another like they are doing now.

"Yes, that's great! Come on Lucas" I encourage the boy as he throws some simple moves at first then sticks his back flip almost effortlessly!

A round of cheers goes as I lower the music and let everyone head out early. Now with the studio being empty I pull off my shirt and leave my tank on that matched my ¾ leggings, not forgetting my black ankle socks I slide to the speaker and play a calm toned music with a few high beats.

Dancing across the room and controlling my breathing I leap up and land gracefully catching myself. Twirling my way to the very middle of the studio I keep my end stance, the music fades away as I try to even out my breathing.

With my sports shoes on and a towel wrapped around my neck I begin to walk towards the house knowing Xavious will be at the hall having a meeting.

Suddenly I halt in my track as my wolf picks up his scent. From down the walkway to the house was Xavious coming our way.

Without a minute to waste I rapidly turn to my left and down the path. I was met by the lake that looked serene and inviting.

Taking a jump in I scream my lungs out under water. I was hoping for a cold shower or bath but a freezing one was not expected. I could feel the chill in my bones as the ice water seeps into my skin. My werewolf heat couldn't even manage this so I slowly resurface and could tell by the swift blur that he was gone.

Squelch. Squelch. Squelch.

In my soaking clothes and shoes I arrive at the house entering from the back and straight into the laundry. shrugging off everything I wear one of the many shirts freshly out from the dryer.

While putting my hair into a wet messy bun and entering the kitchen I let out a gasp as I see the one and only hybrid Alpha.

So much for avoiding this hulk.

He rakes his eyes down my body as I tug on the shirt to cover more of my thighs but that wasn't a success since before I could move he lifts me up onto the kitchen countertop. 

"You've been ignoring us"

"Us?" I coo and slowly place both my palms on his chest.

"As in Ajax and I"

My eyes widen and Ava begins to howl excitedly learning the name of her mate and now her being persistent on me to mate with Xavious.

Xavious buries his head in the crook of my neck inhaling my scent as I did with his. Yes, it was calming yet a part of me was holding me back- until I feel him kissing his way above my collarbone and sucking on my sensitive spot leaving a soft moan lingering in the air.

"I can't hold back any longer and before your next heat...I have to do this"

I was about to open my eyes but instead I shut them close as I feel Xavious' razor sharp fangs sink deep into my skin above my collar bone. My fingers dug into his shoulder blades as I let down streaks of tears due to the pain.

He marked me.

Pushing him away harshly I run outside but he catches me halfway turning me to face him.

"How could you? That was not your call!"

"You should be thanking me, it would be a hundred times worse if I didn't; the heat, it would've-"

"No, you don't get to decide but that's off the table since you already did it because you Xavious only look out for yourself! You don't care about anyone else, your pack for instance can't stand to be near you!"

"You're not yourself and I know you're tired because of the mark"

"Xavious, you're just a monster. Exactly how it's narrated in the legends, just a vile creature!"

Ava took the best of me and with my eyes burning into a bright purple I transform and make a run for it eager to get away.

Anywhere as long as it's far from him.

But Ava keeps whining and arguing for me to turn back because the hurt on Xavious' face was one that couldn't be forgotten for his hazel eyes battled with the bright red ones; ones of Ajax that faced Ava.

How those two wished to be mated but for Xavious and I it's a lost cause for how can one tame a beast if the beauty hides demons of her own?

(EDITED)