-SEVENTEEN-

XAVIOUS' POV

Packing the last few essentials for my trip, I head out leaving Heithen to watch over Kate. I knew she wouldn't get hurt by her pack or better yet she could definitely protect herself but I just needed an excuse.

An excuse to keep Heithen out of the way for this time I have to do this on my own.

I drive feeling tense with the silence. It was real quiet up here and to be on this very route to her place brought back memories from the past. I take in a ragged breath and park outside a flat cottage. The cottage had fumes of smoke escaping free of its chimney. Strange.

I thought this person was dead.

I enter with caution and focus on my surrounding. This place looked exactly the same from the time I had last visited here; with my parents.

The reason why I had come only made sense to me later on.

It was because of me. 

"Who are you? And how do you know this place?" I hear from my right, the voice of a woman. I take a step back and feel my eyes widen on seeing a woman form a few metres away from me.

I give a once over noting her blonde hair and blue eyes as she walks closer.

"I'm a friend of Ingrid's. I have come to take what is rightfully mine."

Ingrid was a witch, rather a witch who proved everything with science and magic. Her ways were indeed dramatic.

But all for what?

I move towards her indicating no harm but she takes two steps back.

"It's impossible. How have you not burned alive like the rest of them who had come before you? You're him... I know what you've come for."

Of course the rest burned to death, sounds like a protection spell casted by Ingrid for humans or supernatural creatures except for me.

I am a hybrid and one thing Ingrid feared was the capacity of my being a hybrid. The purpose of her was to get rid of the properties of my blood that made me two creatures in one being. With the hope of some answers after all these years, I look up to the woman in front of me tilting my head in wonder.

"My name is Edina, Ingrid's cousin" She states while moving towards a wall cupboard. The glass panes coated in decades of dust whereas the whole house in general reeked of a musty scent.

Edina whispers a sort of incantation and the cupboard blurs for a second and blends into the wall just like a mirage. Where the cupboard stood was now a small room with a messy desk and potion bottles stacked in racks from floor to ceiling, the rest was piled with thick books; spell books specifically.

She hands me 3 maroon journals with a black binding. It was the very journals that Ingrid pulled out each time I visited with my parents which was until they died. After that I didn't bother to return knowing she'd ask for something more until now. She's gone and so is her reputation.

Tracing my Initials carved onto the velvet journals I clasp it in my hands and look up to Edina.

"You're not a witch are you?" I ask even though I knew she wasn't.

"How did-"

"I lived long enough to know you pronounced the incantation with a normal tone... usually the accent would differ depending on the witch. You know the words but the way its read has to be more enthralling. Now who are you really?" I ask once again with a blank face.

"Ingrid's step sister was a human, her name was Elena; my mother. I was a human for a period of time until I was turned into a werewolf only to be abandoned by my pack and then taken in under the wings of Ingrid." She releases a breath of relief while fiddling with her knee-length dress.

"Well Edina, I have just the place for you." I say as I get out of the house to take her to the one place I know she'd be taken care of. In fact, probably the very best.

Arriving at the River Side pack, I mind link with Heithen and find him walking out of Alpha Kane's House with furrowed brows. Informing him that Edina is a rogue I tell him to take her to the Alpha (Kane) so that he may take her in. I had found out about the Leodavin's pack (Riverside Pack) that allowed any werewolf even be it a rogue into their pack which was rather rare for packs around the globe. I respected them and they earned it especially for the fact that there may be risks to having a mixed pack.

I hit the road once again and arrive back at the cottage knowing that I'd forgotten something.

Checking on my pack upon arrival, I ask one of the trainers how the recruits were going to which they informed me with good news. After a full day of driving back to my pack, I had finally buried myself into the journals.

The journals that could hold the key to the end of my existence...

(EDITED)