~NINETEEN~

KATE'S POV

After a few hours of severe cramp like pain and the rapid rise and fall of my temperature I was with Ana. She walked towards me where I lay on the couch helpless and placed a mug of tea on the hexagonal coffee table.

"Did you go through this Ana?" I ask out of the blue as she places my head on her lap.

"Once. Only once I went through it and before I knew it... I met Kane"

"Kane. Lucky for you" I sigh.

"-but you don't have to go through this alone, Kat the next two times will be double its first hit" Ana continues, "And it will be happening again very soon and since you have found your mate...the best thing for you will-"

"No." A stern voice echoes through the lounge. Ana and I find Kane rubbing his palm over his face in frustration.

"But Kane" Ana starts though I intervene before I get too confused.

"What do I have to do?" I think I know which would supposedly mean that I have to mate with Xavious. I just want to hear Ana say it, it would definitely lighten the mood.

"You will..." Ana pauses and silently asks permission from Kane whether she should continue, "...Have to go back to your new pack..."

"My NEW pack!" I exclaim as I spring from her lap and face Kane.

"I don't even know my mate let alone his pack! I just...didn't know this would end so...soon" I finish my ramble and let a tear slide.

"Hey, look at me. We still have more than a few hours together, 'lil wolf'. Besides it would take him a while to drive here anyway." Kane said firmly and I nod my head knowing this was the right call. It was the best decision for me wasn't it?

Relishing the last fruitful hours with my loved ones, Kane decided we have a pack lunch inviting everyone. Kane did this regularly from before, still everyone was pretty stoked about today. Most of us helped in the kitchen with Ana including Joe, Kane and Cole!

And of course we ended up having slight of a 'food fight' not hearing the end of it from Ana. Luckily for us an apology from my twin Kane and Ana is back to being innocent Luna.

Kane had showed me the new improvements and methods he was trying out for the pack and especially for the recruits.

"Kane, you know they'd be proud of you" I say to him referring to our parents as we both look heavenwards. I lean my head onto his shoulder and notice him smile as we both watch the rich blue sky expanding above us.

Remembering surprises I pull out a little something from my pocket and pull away from him.

"Close thy eyes!" I say happily as he gives a sigh and does what he's told. I pull out the small gift and tell him to open his eyes.

Kane gives my a grin as he reads the note with the bracelets. I help with his black coloured bracelet whereas he helps put mine on; a white coloured one.

"Not so fast

"Not so fast..." Kane stops me as Ana nears us with a smile plastered on her face.

"Close thy eyes!" Kane repeats my words and do as I was told.

"Are you done yet" I ask impatiently as I hear a small 'click' sound.

"All done" Kane says as I look across and notice a chain he wore on his blue dress shirt that was not present there before.

It read 'big bro' and 'K' for Kane and so I look down and beam a smile looking at the necklace he placed around my neck

It read 'big bro' and 'K' for Kane and so I look down and beam a smile looking at the necklace he placed around my neck. It read 'lil sis' and 'K' for my name, Kate.

Joyfully eating our meals we head out for one last run and gather once again for a dance. We were chilling and laughing until a familiar voice has my heart thumping out of my chest.

There it was, that crazy feeling every time he was near. I turn to see Xavious with Heithen right behind him and realization dawned upon me yet again. This was all temporary and I had to return to the real world, my life with an unknown mate.

Who was he really to me?

(EDITED)