-SIXTEEN-

KATE'S POV

I woke up to an empty bed feeling healed and then feeling as though a ton of bricks fell upon my head. Confusing right. Sluggishly walking to my neatly packed bag, I pull out a white comfortable sweater with short, black, ripped jeans.

Having woken up early I paint my nails a light lilac and leave my hair down in waves. I make my way to Kane's place and hear muffled voices. When I near the house I hear a familiar voice one I know all too well.

Xavious.

I enter the house and see my brother and Xavious; too engrossed in a conversation to even notice me. I clear my throat as their heads snap to mine. Kane's eyes light up as I give him a tight hug. I pull away to find Xavious gone.

"What was that all about?" I ask as he walks us to the kitchen.

"He was just informing me that you will be staying with us for 3 days."

"What about him?" I ask leaning over the counter in curiosity. Kane just shrugs his shoulders and smiles as Hannah enters the kitchen.

"I'll be right back to help with breakfast!" I yell to them as I head out the door and to the hills by the cabin house.

I walk to the cabin house and find the door ajar. I walk in and find Xavious zipping close a duffel bag placed on the coffee table in the lounge. He looks towards the sky sighing whilst taking in my presence.

"Is 3 days too long for you to stay away from me?" I furrow my brows at him and cross my arms over my chest.

"No. I'd say eternity would be long but that sounds too short as well..." I state in a thoughtful manner tapping my chin.

"What is it Kate?" He asks while picking up his phone but I near him and blurt out the question that involuntarily lurked in my mind for a while.

"What's the rush? I thought you could meet my pack, after all it's not like you've introduced me to yours..." I say with a small sigh grabbing his undivided attention.

"I need to finish some business."

"Will it die in 3 days?" I question further.

"Maybe. I need to go."

"Does it have to do with a woman?" I ask lastly to which he turns back from the door and narrows his eyes towards me.

"Why? Are you jealous?"

"Just saying that would have to count as a punishment" I say with a smirk on seeing his eyebrows lift indicating a challenge. "I mean, it's only fair-" I carry on only to feel my back against the wall with Xavious giving a slight smile. I needed to get used to his speed since it tripled that of an Alpha.

"Can't wait to see what you have in mind, Katherine" He states playing along with me while I pull him closer to me. His lips hovered over mine as I take a look at his casted eyes and so I quickly give him a light peck on his cheek. Never missing the tingles that sparked a fire within me.

"See you soon, Hazel eyes!" I flash him a smile as he grips his duffel bag and shakes his head at my playfulness.

"Can't wait...beautiful"...Even though I made it out the door I still heard his nickname for me and that had me feeling exuberant, leaving my wolf and I eager for his return.

(EDITED)