-TEN-

KATES POV

I couldn't wait to meet my brother Kane today. It has been a day since I asked Xavious regarding my brother. I mostly chilled in the archives sort of library section of the house. Seemed interesting as I cuddle myself in the hoodie I asked Laura to buy for me since I wasn't to step foot outside.

Another reason I was excited to leave this empty mansion.

On a black hoodie it read "Cool story bro. Now go make me a sandwich" in white print. Thinking of a sandwich I find myself walking to the kitchen and plop onto the stool. I groan as I hear my tummy upset, just the perfect time for my friend to arrive. This morning, I got my period and luckily for me Laura was here so I could ask for pads.

I slowly slide down from the stool when I hear Xavious enter the kitchen. He places his laptop bag on the island and grabs a drink from the fridge before settling onto a stool opposite mine. I sigh as I start walking away from him but he speaks up stopping me in my tracks.

"Come here, sit" He says as he points to the stool I sat on not seconds ago. I scrunch my eyebrows and ask him "What?" which turned out to be emotionless. Bloody hormones.

"I'll make you a sandwich." With that he gets up and starts getting the ingredients for a tuna sandwich. Xavious turns to look at me as I realize I was chuckling at him.

"What's so funny?" He questions as he takes a sip of his drink and continues to fill the sandwich with a few cucumbers and lettuce.

"Didn't think you'd know where the utensils were..."

"Well, this is my kitchen"

"Still, I thought you were only a workaholic" I sate as I walk over to him and inspect the insides of the sandwich. Something looked missing.

"Am not..." Xavious argues as I interrupt him.

"Where's the carrots at?" I say as I take out a carrot from the vegetable basket and start peeling it. I grate it and munch on the last bit which always gets too hard to grate. I nod my head side to side as I feel his heated gaze and turn to face him. He was much taller than me but regardless I still lift the carrot and to that he makes a disgusted face.

"You don't like carrots? What is wrong with you" I say to him as a small smile plays his lips when I quickly sprinkle a bunch of carrots in his sandwich and run to the other side of the island. I laugh at his expression as I wash my hands and chuckle to myself.

I swivel around to get the hand towel when Xavious morphs in front of me. I inhale sharply shocked at his swift movement. Xavious just shrugs his shoulders and says "Perks of being a hybrid... never put carrots in my sandwich again".

"But you didn't even try it!" I exclaim.

He gracefully pulls me off my feet and places me on top of the island. I could feel his warm breath tickle my cheeks for he was still taller than me. I give a pout as he brings our sandwiches and places it beside me. He takes a seat and begins to eat but stops mid-way as he waits for me to start eating my sandwich first.

"Ladies first..." I point to him with a smile when he gives a shrug and bites into his sandwich first. He nods and continues to eat his meal with a slight smile tugging his lips. I smile at him and begin my sandwich too while lightly swinging my legs back and forth.

"Thanks for lunch Xavious" I say to him before he gets up to leave. Though, I wanted to ask him if we could leave to see my brother.

"No problem." And with that he puts on his neutral face and heads up to his office with only one thing in his mind. Work.

As I finish cleaning up and washing the dishes he comes down once again with Ray bans on and grabs his laptop bag again with keys in the other hand.

"I can help if you want. You're going to work aren't you..." I ask him as I insist further, "Take it as repaying you for lunch... and proving to you, you are a workaholic" Truly, at this point I would say or do anything to get out of this place.

Boredom was getting to me too fast and hell was I giving up. With Xavious considering his phone rings and he answers while directing his head towards the door. As soon as he walks away I punch the air with enthusiasm and follow after him out into the wildness of the outside world.

XAVIOUS' POV

I drive straight to my empire building and take her through my private elevator to the top floor. Upon arrival I meet my assistant; Garry Simmons as he checks out Kate. I give him one cold look and he then looks away and informs me that I had no bookings with any client today. With that I tug Kate's hand towards my office.

I scan my hand on the wall and the sliding glass door opens and closes after us. That is for security measures since my personal work also intervened in here. More like rarely.

I take my seat on the relaxing chair as Kate walks towards wide full view windows revealing the busy streets of the city. She sighs as she looks away and takes a seat on the couch which had a coffee table in front of it.

"Here, I want you to file these into alphabetical order." With that I stash over a hundred files on the coffee table which held profiles of new recruits and shipping goods details. These were confidential files but they each were coded with alphabets and numerals on the top of the file.

I point her to one of the black cabinets as she takes a stack and dumps it on the floor while making herself comfortable. I had replied to many emails regarding the successive profits of the company and a few verdicts as to what we should improve or add on to make our company even greater. An advertising company and digital design programming was something everyone oversees worldwide. It was my front job for what my pack and I really did.

Provide justice, but then again everyone thinks they do justice. We on the other hand make action on it, which means taking matters into our own hands.

That is true justice being served amongst humans and supernatural beings like us.

In matters like these, it's best to keep the mundanes out of the supernatural world.

(EDITED)