40 - A letter to Louis

Dear Louis,

I can't express enough how much you mean to me. You've blessed me with your amazing friendship over the years and I'll forever be grateful for it. It never mattered if I was having a hard time or not because I could always rely on you.

You were there for me when others weren't. You believed in me when others didn't. There aren't many people who continuously stand by your side, but you are one of them, Louis.

Besides being thankful for your friendship, I'm glad you've found your future in Red. It warms my heart to know my two best friends are madly in love. You both deserve it more than anyone else. It makes me happy to know the two of you are in a good place. And I am sure it will stay that way forever. There is nothing that could break you guys apart. But I wish I could say the same thing about Harry and me.

The thing is, staying in Los Angeles can't give me the forever I yearn for. Staying in Los Angeles only means Harry and I will be taken away from each other's lives at some point. I don't want to be broken up because of LA and the cruel people in it. Therefore I needed to leave to someplace else. A place that can give Harry and I a brighter future. A place like New York.

As you're reading this, I am no longer in LA. I have left. Not to hurt anyone; not you, neither Red, nor Harry. That has never been my intention. I left because LA won't bring me the happy ending I need and want. And I'm not going to put both myself and my relationship on the line for a city that has treated us poorly over the years.

Now you know I have exchanged LA for NYC, a part of me is afraid you might hate me for 'leaving' Harry behind. Your best friend. But please, please, please, believe me when I say I didn't go to NYC to break his heart. I left so I could save what we have.

Like I explained in Red's letter, Harry and I weren't in a good place lately (I assume you're going to read hers...maybe you already have). I just can't bear to let this trial, LA, Harry, or me, rip us to shreds. I won't allow it.

That's why, in his letter, I have asked him to pack his bags and follow me. I hope Harry is willing to fly to New York City for a new beginning, too. However, I don't expect him to take the first flight out of LA because it isn't an easy decision to make. To him, LA is a place where he grew up and built his career. But above all, it's the place where his best friend lives.

Even though I really want him to be here with me one day, it all depends on what Harry wants. Therefore I don't want anyone to convince him to go after me because he has to decide. If he doesn't want to leave Los Angeles, then I have to accept that. I can't be with someone who is forced or brainwashed into being with me. If that would be the case, my heart would break into a million pieces. He has to think about his future as much as I have to think about mine.

Right now, Harry has to take matters in his own hands. And If I am his future, he will come to NYC. Maybe not tomorrow, but he'll be here one day.

But if this is the end of Harry and I, I am begging you, Louis, please look out for him. He needs his best friend during his brightest and darkest days. If I can't be there anymore, I at least know he is in good hands. Because you have been too good to Harry. Despite his reckless decisions, you have never left his side. You stayed loyal to your best friend. I really admire that about you, Louis. I always will.

There is much more I want to say to you, but no words do any justice for what you have done for me, for Harry, for everyone. I hope you don't want to throw our friendship away because you mean so much to me, Louis.

You can call, write, or maybe one day visit me. I've written my new address on the back of this letter. And if you think I am not worthy of your friendship anymore, then that's fine too. But I hope you'll still be a part of my life, even after this letter.

With much love,

Vicky.

...

A/N: guess who's letter is next..