03

Vicky West

Returning to the Moulin Rouge wasn't as hard as I imagined it to be. I was together with Louis, Red and Marcel who made me feel at ease once I was inside. I couldn't help but sneak that day into Harry's office. A place where Marcel had spent most of his time lately to make everything run smoothly after Harry's departure. A small amount of people were always allowed to enter Harry's office without knocking. It was a forbidden room in the building.

We knew that the Moulin Rouge wasn't going to be ours for a very long time. William Purdy, one of the biggest ass.hole human kind has ever known, managed to get a grip on the club and offered to pay us millions.

Even though we knew we couldn't earn more money than that, all of us were determined to rescue our place. Such a wonderful club where we met each other and fought continuously for a successful evening. We couldn't let it slip through our fingers, and see him getting control over everything we once owned. Well, Harry once owned.

When I was in his office, I didn't find something that could tell me where Harry might be. However, I didn't put much effort in finding clues. At some point, I decided to take a seat on his chesterfield couch. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I could hear the music coming from downstairs, but I managed to get lost in my thoughts entirely. Louis words roamed through my mind as I was here.

I don't think you are able to forget the one you love. No matter how much they made you feel like shit. Once they are in your heart, they cannot get out of it. Don't force yourself to get him out of your heart.

He was right. I tried to forget Harry, but I shouldn't. Harry had been a part of my life for not a very long time, but his impact was enormously overwhelming. Something I was rather thankful for. Yet, it did still hurt to know that he left me without anything the next day. I knew that getting an answer from Harry after two years was thoroughly impossible. I was convinced that he had already forgotten me and moved on with his life somewhere else. Even though, I secretly hoped I was on his mind.

While I was laying here on my own, I wondered whether it was a good thing to continue with having a therapist. Personally, I didn't feel any improvement regarding to handling my life better. Perhaps it was better for me to quit seeing doctor Hays, to make sure I'd feel more relaxed. I constantly felt this pressure when I walked into the dreadful room. Many people may proclaim this was the only solution for my troubles, but it seemed to increase the shitty feeling even more.

Red would probably be mad at me for giving this up. But I also knew her as a very sympathetic friend who would understand my decision after all. Red has always been open-minded, so a harsh remark was utterly rare.

My phone rang, and I grabbed it hastily out of my bag. I noticed my dad's number appearing on the screen, and I pressed the phone against my ear as I greeted him politely. My parents called me regularly to catch up with how my condition was. It didn't bother me they were emotionally invested at the moment. They saw it all happen in Texas.

''Hi, Vicks,'' said my dad through the phone.

''How is everything at home?'' I questioned.

''Like any other day lately, great.'' He answered me with happiness. ''How are you doing over there?'' He questioned me kindly.

I sighed deeply as I looked around. ''I'm at the Moulin Rouge, dad.'' I informed him.

It was silent for a couple of seconds.

''Oh,'' He breathed out. ''W-why?''

It was clear that my father didn't want to ask me detailed questions, because he had no idea how I could possibly react on very personal stuff these days. My parents and I were always capable of talking properly about everything. But, nowadays, they didn't want to increase the pain I felt so they made sure to ask me a limit of questions.