09

Vicky West

''He's f.ucking hot. Like, proper hot – very f.uckable even. Seriously hot. Should I tell him? Or is that too straightforward?'' Red rambled when we were driving back home.

''Red,'' I said softly. ''Let's not do that okay?''

She groaned out of frustration. ''What do you think of him?''

What did I think of Ethan? Well, obviously, he was good-looking. But I wasn't going to say that to Red. Since I know her well enough, it was easy to tell she would go out of her mind if I admitted he was f.ucking hot.

''I think he is okay.'' I shrugged nonchalantly. Not trying to show her what my real opinion was.

''Okay? Are you nuts? How can you describe that man as ''okay-looking''?'' She asked me with disbelief. Red was already way too excited about Ethan Styles.

 Red was already way too excited about Ethan Styles

''What do you expect me to say then?''

''Something along the line of 'I'd sit on his face'.''

''Oh my God!'' I panicked.

Red looked at me seriously. ''I'm not going to hide the fact that he's overwhelmingly gorgeous.''

''Yeah I notice that.'' I pointed out. ''You don't have a filter right now.''

''And that is completely fine! I'm made to express my inner feelings aloud. But I just don't understand why Harry wants him to be here? He always has been the boss of the Moulin Rouge, and he claimed it as his own whenever he could. Now, all of a sudden, Ethan is in the picture and apparently running the club along.''

''Maybe it is a new start? Also, they're family and it's easier to let family work with you.''

I understood why Red was confused about Harry employing Ethan. I had nothing against new colleagues – or bosses for that matter. I didn't get why he thought running the club with someone else was a clever decision. Back in the days, he wouldn't even talk about such thing.

''Remember his father? They weren't a good team.'' Red stated.

''I know. Just. . . Ethan told us something about himself.''

Red nodded with her head in confirmation. ''Yes, that is twenty-six and lived in Berlin, Amsterdam, Prague and Rome. Now, his ass is in Los Angeles and I'm sure he isn't going to stay around for that long.'' She proclaimed.

''Only because he lived in so many different places?'' I asked confusingly.

''Exactly. He is eager to see the world.'' Red took a sip from her banana milkshake we got ourselves. ''When Harry told us that Ethan is going to work at the Moulin Rouge, I didn't get a bad feeling. Somehow, I think it might be good for all of us. With Ethan working shifts at the club, Harry will probably work less.''