13

Vicky West

''Vicky.'' Emma greeted me monotonously.

''What are you doing here? And how do you even got my address?'' I asked instantaneously.

Normally, I had no problem with people waiting on me if it was important. However, she wasn't the kind of person I wanted to talk to at this time.

''I want to talk to you.'' Emma said, and she didn't answer the question about my address. I assume she stalked me.

I exhaled heavily before I spoke to her straightforwardly. ''I'm sorry, Emma but I don't. I crave my bed at this moment.''

I walked past her and put the keys in the keyhole.

''Vicky.'' She breathed out.

As I turned around, I saw that Emma was facing me. Still, anger and fear were taking control over her facial expressions. I couldn't understand why she felt like that.

''You could've asked someone for my number and texted me. I don't like to have everyone knocking on my door.'' I complained.

''It's about Harry.'' Emma said.

I let out a laugh and then shook my head. ''I don't care if it is about Harry. He and I ended things for a reason, so I prefer to keep him out of my life right now.'' I stated seriously. Maybe I came across a bitch for pushing Emma away, but she wasn't someone I needed to worry about. ''Whatever is going on between the two of you, it's not my problem.''

I looked over my shoulder and glanced at her. ''Goodnight, Emma.'' I said before I shut the door behind me.

I locked it forthwith and turned the light on of the kitchen. I rested with my hands on the kitchen counter and sealed my eyes. This Emma wasn't supposed to play an active role in my daily life, because I preferred her staying out of all this.

I quickly texted Ethan before I headed to bed.

It didn't take long before the night passed and the daylight was hitting my face through the blinds I forgot to close. I pushed my alarm of my nightstand, because I couldn't bear to hear the unpleasant sound any longer – I think it broke since it hit the wall.

I checked my phone and saw that Ethan had replied to the text not long after I fell asleep. He said he was glad that I made it home safely. Obviously, I had let the Emma part out of the entire text since I was still overwhelmed by her sudden appearance.

I drove back to the Moulin Rouge, and I took a sip from my coffee now and then. The traffic was atrocious today, and I couldn't wait to arrive at the club. I parked the Mini-Cooper next to Red, and saw her inside of the Moulin Rouge at once.

''You look like you've seen a ghost.'' Red said before she hugged me.

Slowly but surely, I let go of her.

''I did, I saw Emma.'' I replied.

''When?''

''She showed up at the beach house last night.''

''For real? She did that?'' Red asked for assurance. I noticed how Red was surprised by the news.

''Yes, I got back from the beach with Ethan. Then we said goodbye and I walked back home. She was right there in front of the door, and she wanted to talk. Do I look like I have enough time to talk to her or are even interested.'' I scoffed and sat down with Red at a table. ''She proclaimed it was about Harry.''

Red nodded with her head, and grabbed my coffee to take a sip. ''I think she sees you like someone who knows him better.''

''I don't. I feel like I never knew him – the real him. He hides too much of himself from the people who care about him.'' I spoke. ''I am just not in the mood to help him or her. They should take care of themselves and leave me out of it.''