Prologue

For this story to make sense, you'll have to start from the beginning. The beginning is often the best place to start.

Olivia Kensington was a pureblood. No, she wasn't an elitist. No, she did not see herself as superior (in fact rather inferior given her coordination skills). No, she wasn't in love with Lord Voldemort nor did she ever plan on following him.

Liv wasn't dumb, she knew what her parents were. They were death eaters, followers of the most vile and evil wizard in the modern age. She knew they'd force her to follow this carefully outlined destiny and she had a few choice words to save for that moment. Words that shouldn't be repeated.

Her parents used to be the picture perfect couple and in some ways, they truly were. But behind closed doors, their marriage fell a part. Turns out a love built on the devotion of evil forces doesn't actually last.

For some stupid reason they blamed their failed marriage on Olivia, their eldest daughter. At the age of eight, her life changed. They forbade her from spending time with any of her friends, well friend singular. She'd only had one friend, a silver grey eyed platinum blonde hair boy named Draco. They were inseparable since diapers. Turns out, they were forced to be separable by Olivia's parents. They isolated her, believing her to be scum. In their eyes she was the epitome of their own failures.

Questions soon rose. Sadly, the memories of Olivia were replaced with questions. Where is she? How is she? To which her parents would shake it off. "Oh she's fine."

They blamed her isolation on her having a social inept disorder.

"A terrible condition so she must stay away from social interactions at all costs. Doctors orders" her mothers shrill voice will forever ring in her mind.

Of course, the other pureblood families had their doubts as the story seemed rubbish. But it wasn't their place to say anything, and so nobody spoke up.

And behind closed doors, her parents would give her hell. If it hadn't been for her younger siblings she may have ran away. But by this time she was ten, and there's no way she'd get far and if she ran to family they'd return her to her "worried" parents.

That's why when her hogwarts letter arrived, she was surprised that they let her go. I mean, she escorted herself to Diagon Alley alone at the age of eleven and nearly became lost. But they allowed her to go to a boarding school! It made zero sense to her but perhaps they just want to be rid of her.

Either way, she was grateful for an escape.

She was going to make herself become someone fearless. Even if it meant destroying her family's legacy in the making.

***

Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to the Harry Potter franchise. All rights to JK Rowling. Only character I own is Olivia and her family.

This is book one of seven. Each book follows a Harry Potter Book, it'll explain more of Malfoy's experience and life outside of Harry's sheltered perspective.

Olivia will be portrayed by Sofia Carson: