Epilogue

"Sorry, but I am against this wedding."

The crowd filled with gasps and whispers. Flashes of cameras never stopped, reporters didn't holdback and everyone has their eyes on me with disbelief. I looked at Vallerie in front of me, her head is bowed in shame and I can tell from her shaking shoulders that she's already crying.

"Alex! W-what is this?!" Val's parents came close from their seats with confusion visible.

"What are you doing Alex?" My mother followed. Her eyes holds numerous emotions.

"What do you think?" I answered calmly and another wave of gasps filled the hall.

I warned her this would happen but she never listened and pushed this doomed wedding. All media network representatives are here, this occasion is on live broadcast. If I confess the truth behind the perfect reputation the world will know in an instant. Other than that, she will loose her only successor pag nagmatigas sya.

Marying someone my mother chose is never fine with me. But where did I get all this courage? Maybe from the woman who changed my life.. Mariel. The only woman I want to be with. It's her, the reason why all of a sudden I learned to fight for the things that's worth fighting for. But how did we get here? Time sure flew fast.

"Are you sure about this, sir?"

I still remember the disagreement on Rhioz' face after I decided to hire the woman he knocked off at the airport. Her name was Mariella. The first time I laid eyes on her in the interrogation room, I felt something familiar. It's absurd, I thought. I'm sure I haven't seen her before. But I hired her anyway, I've seen something in her that might cease the chaos and longing I'm in.

"I'm not changing my mind, Val. I never agreed!"

"You can't do this to me! Ano pa ba'ng bang kulang ko, ha? We already have a child! You're uttering bullshit!"

"Yeah, bullshit." Then I ended the call.

I never felt anything for Val. When we we're younger, everyone has been constantly pushing us at each other, but I never saw her more than just a family friend's daughter. We were pretty close but it changed when she pursued me and started to get desperate. I was even puzzled of how on earth I had a child with her. But I accepted him. I saw myself in the kid, so I guess he's really mine.

"Too late to act innocent. Nahuli na kitang nagtatago sa salaming dingding ng opisina ko."

And here's this reckless and unspeakable woman. Her funny and awkward expressions amuses me even in moments of confusion. She's too innocent that I can't help but force myself to be nicer kahit minsan wala ako sa mood. Watching her take care of Azi with sincerity she didn't just impress me, she also managed to slowly gain my trust.

"What if she's more than what you think? She could be some kind of spy or whatsoever. Having her around is dangerous both to you and to our business!"

My mother didn't agree, of course. Namulat ako sa batas nyang no one goes against her will. I let her shut me out from the world, hinayaan ko syang kontrolin ang buhay ko at sinunod ko lahat ng gusto nya to be the fine successor who won't disappoint. But I broke it all when I decided to keep the babysitter. Everyone else kept saying she's a threat, but what I saw and heard wasn't a threat at all.

I kept an eye with the new babysitter and I stayed in touch with the guards na inutusan ko. But they never reported any strange or dangerous behaviors, laging laman ng report nila ay kung ilang beses nilang narinig ang pag-tawa ng bata na minsan ko lang narinig. Every single time they tell me how adorable it was to listen to, jealousy kept raising that I almost fired them all. I should be the one listening to all those priceless things.