Chapter 23

Hey guys, I'm a Dua Lipa fan now, and I'm thinking about stanning.

Rereading this... it isn't cute; it's cringy.

Well, some chapters are cute, so that's a plus. I hate how I can write relationships but can't get into one :)

Anyways, enough of my sob story. Here's chapter 23! Get into iiiiiittttttttt... Gen Z is so embarrassing, but it's what I am. S, ns.

So sorry for the long wait.

"Wait, I don't understand. What about- what's her name? What about Nyssa? You guys went on that date, right?" Caitlin asked in plain curiosity. "You told me it went well."

"I- Nyssha's great, but she's not Kendra," Sara said as she held her lip between her teeth.

"Wait, but haven't you guys been together for a week now? As long as Barry and me, now," Caitlin recalled the phone call she got from Sara after the two girls' date. Or whatever they did. Sara didn't go into too much detail, which would've pissed Caitlin off if she hadn't been permanently ecstatic that day from hanging out with Barry. She was aware that she might be coming off as obnoxious, but Kendra and Sara were not going to happen. Kendra is capital-S 'straight,' or at least Caitlin thought. So why wouldn't Sara just make everything easier on herself by being with someone interested in her?

"Okay, Caitlin, I appreshiate you bringing up what I know I already said, but when you looove someone, you can't just drop those feeeelings to get into a relationship with another girl." -even though that's what she did- "That's not how feelings work. Well, with you and Barry, it seems to be-" Caitlin winced at the words. Yikes, that is what it'd look like to anyone on the outside. She was with Ronnie for years, since 10th grade. Then, suddenly they go on a break, and she's with the first boy she sees—literally—and kablam! All feelings for Ronnie: gone! Well, except for that tiny detail that Caitlin and Ronnie were actually in a relationship.

"You're right. I completely understand. I wouldn't go into a new relationship if I had feelings for the last person I was with." Caitlin lied straight through her teeth, but there's no one to call her out on it.

So it's okay.

"How did you get over Ronnie so fast, Caity?" Sara asked equal parts sloppy and skeptically.

Caitlin kept a tight-lipped smile on her face towards Sara and was thankful that she avoided the question when a loud voice boomed throughout the environment.

"Hello? Testing, testing?"

She widens her eyes upon hearing the familiar voice. She turns to Sara with wide eyes, completely forgetting their conversation they were sharing just a few seconds ago. "Is that Barry's voice?"

Sara shrugs, and Caitlin looks at her and gives a disappointed look.

"How do you not know the sound of my boyfriend's voice?" she shook her head at her best friend until she heard some more words over the enormous speakers.

"Oh, shit, that's cool." she heard Barry say. She laughed at the bewilderment in his tone and wanted to get up to see what he was doing. However-

"Ugh, go tell your boyfriend to shut up, I just want the music back to drown out my thoughts..."

She didn't like how Sara said it, so instead sat back down after hovering over her chair a few seconds. She settled a smug grin aimed at Sara and began to listen intently for what was to come. There was a few seconds of silence until Barry's voice smoothed out into the singing voice Caitlin recognized, and her eyes lit up.

"Now a red solo cup is the best receptacle--For barbecues tailgates fairs and festivals..." Caitlin laughed loudly at the humorous voice he'd mustered up, but she took pride in the fact that he still sounded good. Geez, how does someone not admire that boy? She asked herself. Though, she thought it should be something everyone asked themselves.