Chapter 4

Barry's POV

Why Caitlin Snow was just beginning to show interest in me, I don't know. But I was kind of loving it.

I heard about their breakup yesterday from my friend Cisco. Apparently he had something to do with it too.

I was getting ready to text him, asking for details, when the bell rang. I've made a mental note to do it later.

I'm thinking of doing it right now.

The phone rang and buzzed while I waited on my friend to pick up. I kept myself occupied by devouring a delicious block of Rice Krispie's.

"Hey Barr, you've gotta make it quick. Caitlin's on the phone."

His reaction to my calling definitely was unexpected to me. I had to take a second to process it before answering myself.

"Hey, this'll be quick. And Caitlin? Cailtin Snow, your friend Caitlin Snow?" It was weird to talk about her because of who she is to Cisco. Cisco tells me everything because we're best friends. Caitlin is basically ashamed to be his friend, or at least that's how I perceive it.
"Yeah, the one whose idiot boyfriend dumped her."

"Oh, I actually met her," I chuckle. "Well she came up to me."

There's a bit of a pause.

"Barry she's on hold, I don't wanna keep her waitin-"

"Oh yeah, I know-"

"So get to the point, maybe?"

"Oh yeah, sorry." I scratch my head even though it's not even itchy. "I called because I wanted to know what you had to do with their breakup. I'll just text you."

I sigh quietly. I don't know why we can't all call at the same time. It would be a good way to get to know Caitlin better.

"Let's just do a three way call."

"Barry no! This is- this is very important! Well kind of. Just text me later. You're awesome, bye." Then he hung up.

That was probably the most awkward conversation him and I have ever had. I wonder why it was so awkward... What her him and Caitlin talking about?

*************

"Hey, thanks! I'm really glad you're apart of my group."

"No problem. You're really smart so I'll need this help from you." Then she laughs on the other end of the line.

I fidget a bit with my hat. My head's never exposed this long and it feels a bit cold.

"So four?" She asked.

"Yeah!" I say with maybe too much enthusiasm. I hope I'm not coming off too strong.

"Okay Barry. I'll see you soon."

"Okay, see ya."

I hang up the phone without really wanting to do so. It's always fun to talk to her. She's kind of the cool kid in my class and I'm kind of a nerd. At least kids treat me like I am.

I lean back until my couch. Looking down, I see my attire. Long-sleeve burgundy sweater worn over a long-sleeve white button up. My jeans are regular and cuffed at the bottom. Then I'm just wearing my regular Converse's. Yes, this is what I choose to wear on a Saturday.

All I know is this definitely won't do if I want to impress her. I'll have to do a costume change.