Chapter 10

Barry's POV

"There was some tension, eh?" I asked Patty. I'm referring to her and Caitlin. I feel like now that Caitlin isn't at the table anymore, I'm kind of able to address the topic better. For some reason I feel better telling things to Caitlin than Patty, but this is something I felt comfortable talking about with her. Probably because it isn't about me.

"What? There was no tension." It the same thing Caitlin said, except when Patty said it it was a lot more convincing. Like an expert liar, or maybe she genuinely believed everything was ok. Nah, that can't be true. They were basically giving death glares at one another.

"Mhm..." I trail. "That's exactly what Caitlin said." I begin to dig into my bowl of Mac and cheese. "If you want any, you can grab the spoon." I offer her. I was using the plastic fork and next to the bowl was a spoon. My intentions weren't to share it with her, but at least the spoon wouldn't be wasted.

"Uh, no thanks. Cheese makes me queasy." She politely declined. I nod my head.

Then the perfect joke popped into my head. "If cheese makes you queasy, you must not take it so easy." I laugh.

She smiled too. "That was very cheesy." At least she stayed on with the rhyming.

"Uh, hello? Sitting right here." I look at Cisco and lightly punch my best friend in his arm. "I literally felt no pain from that. The conversation you both just had on the other hand..." My face drops and I over exaggerate a pout.

"Hey Cisco, do you have any idea what that was about?" I referred to Caitlin basically- no, eagerly- being dragged away.

"What was what about?"

"You know, Caitlin."

"Oh that's just her and Sara."

Her and Sara? I don't know why my mind went completely somewhere else... "her and Sara?" I question. He looked at me weirdly but then decided to explain it a bit more to me.

"Uh yeah, one of her close friends. It's not what you were thinking." And then he started laughing. "You were all like 'adventure's out there' for Caitlin and Lance." He started laughing again. I'm not sure what reference that was though. "Reference to Up, Patty, in case you didn't know." He'd began to settle down.

"I definitely did not." She replied.

Just then the bell rang. Best be off to my science class. There I'd be forced to endure even more of the tension that came along with being in a group project with Caitlin Snow and Patty Spivot, who were mad at each other for absolutely nothing.

"Bye Cisco." Because he wasn't in the same class as I was.

He hummed in response, and walked away. I smiled to Patty.

"I'm gonna take a detour." She said.

"Okay sure," I said. "See ya in class, Patty."

She smiled that bright one of hers, the one I couldn't resist the love for. "See you then." She says. And now I'm all alone. Oh, I should probably get to class.

Caitlin's POV

"Sara! What did you want? I've got to get to class soon!" She'd brought me to an empty classroom in the second hallways. Now we both stood at the doorway.

"Cay, please! This is serious shit!"

That definitely caught my attention. I stare at my friend with concern, because whatever this was had her pretty f'ed up.

"Okay Sara, what's going on?" I lead her over to a long black table which we both sat on.

Her hands are shaking. I'm trying my best to calm her down by rubbing her shoulder. "Sara, come on. Tell me..."