Chapter Twenty Eight

I don't want to go back to school on Monday, send help pls.

Let's enjoy that gif of Tom - not so subtly - eyeing up Nathan.

Chapter Twenty Eight:

Nathan's POV:

"So you're my boyfriend now," Tom smiled, our hands melded together. I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless; I had no idea how many times Tom had mentioned us being together. "That means I can kiss you whenever I want," He stopped to kiss my lips softly. "And call you babe whenever I want."

"You call everyone babe," I pointed out. "So that doesn't count."

He shook his head, "You like to be difficult don't you Nathan?" I childishly stuck my tongue out, making Tom laugh.

"Okay then, how about princess?" He stopped to think about it for a minute and then continued, "Princess. Yeah, I like it. Do you like it, princess?"

Princess.

I repeated the word over and over again in my head, all that came into my head was: princessprincessprincess.

It was so feminime, so endearing but I liked it.

Everything was so strange, so weird. I never thought that I would speak to Tom never mind dating him, here I am: butterflies in my stomach; holding my boyfriend's, Tom's hand. I never even thought that I would ever be called princess or even like it; here I was smiling at the fact that Tom had just called me princess; I liked it too.

I sheepishly nodded. "Yeah."

"You're cute princess."

Tom was walking me to school, he had volunteered the other day and I couldn't say no. I asked Jay if he wanted to join - as we usually walk together - but stubborn arse said no. Although I was spending time with Tom, which I was glad for, I was also worried too. The worry only multiplied as we neared the school gates.

"Are you okay, princess?" He asked me, concern in his tone. I didn't answer. I couldn't.

He stopped in his tracks, "Nath? What's wrong?"

My emotions and thoughts had taken a complete three-hundred and sixty, I could already see what would happen when we filed into the school gates: the stares we would get, the comments. And most of all: I feared Kelsey.

"Nathan, please tell me what's wrong." Tom spoke softly, as if he feared that I would break, almost acting as if I was a bone china cup.

So I told him. I told him what was wrong, how I was worried about what people would say or do.

"Oh baby," He began. He was stood in front of me now, his brown eyes that I had come to love where staring right into my green ones. "Don't worry about them, since when did you care about what they thought about you?"

I sighed. "It's not them that I am worried about, I am more worried about Kelsey."

"Who cares about what she thinks? If she says anything to you when I'm not there, let me know, okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "Okay."

"Good." He smiled, kissing my forehead as he pulled me into a hug. 

"You ready?" He asked me as he pulled away, his hand instantly finding mine again. 

I nodded again, "Yeah."

* * * 

"So you're dating him then?" Was the first thing I heard from Jay when I reached our usual meeting place - our lockers. 

"Yes I am, you got a problem with that?" I raised an eyebrow, a smirk on my face. I had to stop hanging out with Tom so much, I was adapting his characteristics. 

Jay shook his head. "As long as he doesn't break your heart." 

The bell then rang, signalling that it was time to go to form. I couldn't help but smile as all the little year sevens started running as if their life depended on it to where their form room was situated. 

"I hope he doesn't." I agreed. "But please be nice to him, he's not as bad as he seems."

"Yeah, whatever." Jay rolled his eyes but playfully shoved me with his elbow. "I'll see you later Nath."

Tom's POV:

Shivering from the early January air, I pulled my blazer tighter around me. If they aren't here in five minutes I am leaving, I told myself. 

"Speak of the devil." I smirked as I saw one of my football friends, Charlie walk round the corner of the school building. "What took you so long?"

"Well let's just say, I saw my girlfriend and she got a bit excited."

I scrunched up my nose. "Thanks Charlie, I really didn't want to know that." 

Charlie laughed. 

"So, have you done it yet?"

I looked down, shaking my head slightly. "No, not yet. Just give me a bit more time, I've nearly cracked him."

Charlie frowned, I could tell I was already pushing my luck but there was no other way that It was possible. "Okay fine, you have three more weeks Tom. That's it." He then walked off and I nodded to myself. 

Three weeks, 

Twenty One days. 

It wasn't long but I just hoped that it was long enough to break his heart.

To break Nathan Sykes' little heart. 

When I saw him later on in the day, the way he smiled when he saw me or the way he looked at me with so much affection in his eyes only made me think that this stupid bet that I was forced to do wasn't going to work: there was no way that I was going to be able to break Nathan's heart. 

I think I was in too deep now. 

Or more like he was in too deep. 

Kinda shitty (more like really shitty) sorry about that.

Plot twist though, amirite? 

Does anyone even like this shit lol, I feel this is worse than my first book. 

I know it's three days in but happy new year everyone! Hope that luck is on everyone's side this year and that you all have an amazing year! 

I would like to apologise for this update being so late, I've had writer's block and also my brother came over from Ibiza on Monday - he left yesterday - with his girlfriend so I've been very busy showing them around Manchester and all that jazz. Sadly school on Monday so that might affect my updating schedule :( But I promise that I will update as soon as I can!

PS: Have you all seen the pictures of Nathan in Barbados? I think I'm drooling, heart eyes motherfucker.

- Talia x