Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five:

Nathan's POV:

I woke at around 11 am, Tom was still asleep next to me and he looked so cute. His face was squished agaisnt the pillow and his mouth was half open letting out hot breath and I could see drool coming out of his mouth. I guess I spoke to soon because a few minutes later Tom turned around to face me and smiled at me.

"Morning."

And oh god, I nearly died right then and there. His voice was so raspy and deep and hot.

I realised I was staring at him like a deer caught in the headlights and I cleared my throat, my cheeks getting hotter and hotter, redder and redder by the second. "M-morning." I stuttered out. "How are you feeling?"

It was silent for a moment. I assumed he was thinking about his answer, I hoped he told me the truth and not some bullshit to try and make me feel better.

"I'm fine." he said after a while.

I raised my eyebrow. I hated it when people told me that they were fine, they weren't fine. It was obvious that they're never fine it's just a stupid four letter word that people use to conceal the truth from us. It sent us of the track and we would - wrongly - assume that nothing was wrong, we would just take their word for it and sweep it under the carpet.

"Tell me the truth. Don't tell me you're fine, no one is ever fine Tom." We were both sat up on the bed now. He was facing the wall opposite the bed whilst I stared at the side of his head, willing him to turn his head to face me.

He sighed, he then turned to face me.

And he smiled.

It knocked the wind out of stomach and the breath from my lungs. He looked so beautiful.

"Honestly, I'm not fine; I'm anything but fine." He began. "But, I'm happy. You know why?"

I shook my head. He then started to speak again. I watched how each syllable fell from his lips and how at times he would lick his lips and how his eyebrows would crease, causing wrinkles to appear on his face and then he would smile and those wrinkles disappeared.

"I'm happy because I have someone that cares about me; I'm so grateful to have this person, they mean so much to me and I'm so lucky to have them. I don't know why this person sticks around with me because, I admit I'm a massive dick to him and to other people to. Especially his friend."

"That person is you Nathan and you know what? I really like you and I'm so happy that I have you."

Once again, the breath had been knocked out of me again. I was afraid that I was about to keel over and start gasping for my breath, or lack of. My mind had become a mess, my thoughts had jumbled up and weren't making sense. My emotions were just an entanglement of happiness, excitement and panic.

He liked me?

Tom Parker, the player of the school, liked me?

Me?

Why would he like me? I was nothing special.

His voice calling my name was what broke me out my thoughts. All my thoughts and common sense went out the window as my emotions took over my body as I softly pressed my lips on his.

It wasn't the first time we've kissed but it was the best so far.

I moved my hand to his neck and I pushed his mouth open with mine. It wasn't until I started to tug at his hair that he kissed back. I nibbled on his bottom lip which he moaned into my mouth, I must admit it was the hottest thing ever and I had to pull away as I could tell it would only get more heated and I was getting too excited for this early in the morning.

"I like you too." I admitted, breathlessly.

-

Kind of a filler I guess but they finally admitted their feelings. Can I get a heck yeah?!

sorry for the wait :(. Thankfully my mock exams are over, at least until March but in two weeks it's the Christmas holidays so I won't be in school which means more updates!!!

I can't believe we're on chapter 25 already! What's going on, it only feels like I started writing this yesterday when in reality it was 8 months ago lol. Before I forget, thanks to over 4,000 reads it means the world!

Until next time - Talia xx