Chapter Twelve

Please listen to If you don't know by 5 Seconds of Summer, I miss you by Blink-182 and Stay with me by Sam Smith whilst reading this to set the mood, thanks :).

Chapter twelve.

Nathan's POV:

I felt helpless. I felt emotionally and physically weak; I didn't like the feeling of infatuation, I didn't like the way Tom made me feel. It was a horrible feeling, I was so used to being in control, to be able to control my feelings but with Tom everything I was used to, was all different.

I still regretted going to that party. It was stupid of me to agree to going, it was even more stupid of me to go looking for Tom - I was looking for trouble basically.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, this wasn't getting my English assignment done. I looked down at what I had written and read over it;

Catching things and eating their insides

Like indecision to call you

And hear your voice of treason

Will you come home and stop this pain tonight.

I had probably crossed out, re-wrote it and crossed it out again about 30 times before I was finally happy with it. It was due in on Wednesday, I could leave it 'till tomorrow but I needed to take my mind off of Tom - so far, it wasn't working. Tom had text me a few hours previous, asking me if I could finish the assignment on my own. I couldn't believe that he had the cheek to ask me that, I had told him no that I wouldn't do it, he had to chip in and help as well.

On the other hand, I was annoyed that I said that I would do it on my own as I'd get a break from him; I wouldn't have to see him as often.

I had barely slept last night, I felt sick from my near-death experience as well as what Tom had said to me. I had cried for a whole hour last night, even now, 18 hours later, I still wanted to cry.

When I would speak to Tom - when he was nice and didn't flirt with me or wink at me; basically when he wasn't cocky - I would never believe that the rumours about him were true but now, now I knew that they were all true: he likes to play games with people's hearts and slowly watch them crumble as he pretends to be with them, then dump them.

* * *

Tom's POV:

"I spoke to Nathan today..." Max trailed off. "You're 'bit of fun' has gone a little too far, don't you think? I mean, he looked so heartbroken. You're messing with his feelings Tom, you are hurting him and you need to stop."

I turned to look at him, glaring at him. "I thought you were my friend."

"I am. It's just that Nathan is a nice guy, and I'm mates with Jay too I just feel like it's unfair to Nathan." Max ranted.

"Look, whatever happened at the party on Saturday is between you two and I'm not one to pry but you really need to speak to Nathan, see how he feels. I know you Tom, I've known you for 15 years and I know that you have feelings for Nathan; and that scares you because you've never felt like that for anyone, but Nathan likes you too and you shouldn't take it out on him. It's not fair." Max smiled at me assuringly, patting my shoulder. "Now go, run after him - I know you want too. Apologise, show him you're sorry, beg if you have too. Tell him that you like him, explain how scared you feel."

I noticed Nathan stood at his locker and I started to panic. "You think that's what I should do?"

He nodded before he started to walk away he said: "Yes I do, just trust me on this. Yeah?"

I took a deep breath and gulped making my way towards Nathan, I hoped that Nathan couldn't hear my heart beating or even how nervous I was. I had to be strong; look strong.

"What do you want?" Nathan snapped, not even looking at me.

"I-I need to speak to you." Shit, I stuttered. "Please Nath, it's important. If you still want to ignore me after that's fine... but please, just hear me out, okay?"

He nodded, he had finally turned to look at me but he wasn't making proper eye contact with me. "Get on with it then."

I nodded. "Look, I'm sorry about the other night. It was out-" he snorted interrupting me.

"Are you really sorry?"

I frowned. "Of course I am. Now please don't interrupt me it's important I tell you this."

"It was out of order for me to act like that, I do like you. I really do. The truth is I was scared, I am scared. I've never had feelings like this for anyone before and it's scaring me, you are my only weakness Nathan and it's really fucking scary... I'm not used to having feelings like these, and being around you brings a different person out in me and to be honest I love being around you."

Nathan was now looking right into my eyes now. "I mean what I say when I say I like you, I like you a lot. I meant it when I said it on Saturday, I'll always mean it because it's the truth."

"I understand if you don't like me," I continued. "I don't know why you would, I mean look at me..." I laughed awkwardly.

I was about to carry on but I was cut off by Nathan kissing me, catching me by surprise.

Did he really want to kiss me? or was it just to shut me up? or both?

All these thoughts ran through my head as we kissed. It was what he said next that confirmed what I was thinking - or even what he was thinking kissing me.

"I like you too."