Chapter Twenty Three

This might be confusing at the start but i'm sure that it will make sense as it progresses. 

Chapter Twenty Three: 

Tom's Pov:

It was strange knowing someone that cared about me. Someone that wanted to know all about me, about my life. It was weird to know someone like Nathan, who was kind and so selfless and and and he cared about me. He seemed to be the only person that gave a shit about me, unlike my family and least of all my friends. At first glance Siva and Max look like they cared about me but if you look close enough, they really don't. Maybe Max wasn't as bad but I could he wouldn't care what happened to me. I don't blame him, I was and still am and arsehole to them. 

"Are you sure you really want to know?" I asked for the umpteenth time. He nodded - again - and told me he was sure. 

So I told him my sob story, how this is where my dad worked and he used to bring me here every weekend and I would help out. There wasn't much that I could do, I was only about 5/6 at the time and I used to think that I was really grown up but in reality I was only sticking a bit of sellotape onto the boxes. My dad he was the manager of the warehouse, at the time it was a chocolate factory and the surroundings were surprisingly quite beautiful, there was flowers and tress all around even the building was something that you would like to look at. Now it's the complete opposite. 

"However, on my 8th birthday we were all waiting for my dad to come back from work but.." I stopped speaking to catch my breath, I had suddenly gotten overwhelmed from all the memories. I turned to see Nathan fully engrossed in the story and how his eyes silently asked me if I was alright, I nodded at him and continued on. "He never came back. The police had come knocking at our door, saying how he had been in a car crash and was seriosuly injured. By the time we got to the hospital that the police told us he'd be, we were too late. Just too late." I whispered the last bit, my confidence fading with every syllable that I ushered out. 

I hadn't noticed that I started crying until Nathan spoke up. "You don't have to carry on, if you don't want to."

I sniffled and wiped away the stray tears. "No, no it's fine." 

"Tom, please I can tell how much it's hurting you hone-"

"You want to know why I keep running away from everytime I kiss and always act like nothing happens don't you?" He nodded frantically.

"Well I'll tell you why. Since the death of my dad my mum stopped caring about me, I think she forgot I exist to be completely honest. So have the rest of my family. No one cares for me or even about me and you were the first person to show any interest in me. Yeah, I might be a dick but for some reason you still like me and care for me - you can deny it as much as you want but we both know it's true." 

"God's honest truth, Nath I'm scared. I'm so fucking scared that you will just leave me when you realise that I'm not good enough for you and then you stop caring for me because that's what everyone does and you mean too much to me for me to lose you." 

"Tom.." He began but I cut him off. 

"No, let me finish." I bit my lip and carried on. "I really like you Nathan. There I said it. And I tried to distance myself away from you, I hoped that Kelsey would help me to get my mind of you but it just didn't work. I like you too much-" I had started to ramble - I realised that and the small smile on Nathan's face I knew he had realised to but I was just so overwhelmed with all the different emotions under the sun that I just couldn't stop speaking. 

It wasn't until Nathan had spoke just four simple words that I managed to stop myself from rambling. 

"I like you too" 

And I swear the whole world had stopped moving.

* * *

Nathan's POV:

"What?" Tom looked baffled, as if I had said something completely and utterly absurd. Maybe to him, it was absurd. It seemed that from the lack of affection he had gotten from the past 7 years someone telling him that they like him was just so unusual to him. I felt sorry for him but I knew that pity is something that no one wants, pity was nothing but the shitty present that you get every year for christmas. No one wished or even craved for it and this definitely was not a time for a pity party.

"I like you Tom." I repeated with a smile on my face. His face was priceless but nonetheless cute. "I really, really do." 

"Seriously?" 

"Seriously" 

A big grin spread across his face and he let out a little squeal which he then tried covering up by coughing but I heard it and rolled my eyes. "You're cute." I teased. "Especially with that girly squeal that you just did."

He glared at me. "It was a manly squeal actually." He fake pouted and I couldn'thelp but laugh. 

"It was a manly squeal" I mocked whilst trying to hold in my laughter - which, may I add miserably failed. 

He sighed and shook his head but I could tell he wanted to laugh too. "Remind me again why I like you?" 

AW AW AW.

THEY ARE SO CUTE

I HAVE JUST OVERLOADED MYSELF WITH FEELS FROM MY OWN WRITING 

OH GOD

SEND HELP!!

Okay, I'm good now hehe. 

I wasn't feeling inspired today but after eating half my weight in chocolate I suddenly had a brainwave and decided to write it up before I forgot it. It's nice and long too! whooo! 

Thank you so so so so so so so much for 3 and a half thousand reads it means so much to me so thank you again! I want to get to know all of my readers, you all seem so cool especially if you put up with my craziness and sometimes lack of updating.

So what's everyone called and where are you from?? 

I'm called Natalia or Talia (Whatever i don't mind)  and I'm from Manchester in England ayy. 

I promise i'm not a creep :) 

I hope that smiley face doesn't make it creepy.

Right I better shut up lol, bye bye love you all!! - Talia xx