Chapter Twenty Four

This is probably really shitty, sorry.

Chapter Twenty Four:

Nathan's POV:

I had never been more grateful for a weekend before until today. It honestly felt like reading a really good book for the first time or even listening to your favourite music. As soon as I had gotten home from school I had quite literally just collapsed on my bed - I had also accidentally fallen asleep for two hours but that's not important.

Once I had woken up again, my mum was already home from work and the smell of food filled the house making my stomach grumble. I lazily rolled off my bed and walked downstairs, rubbing my eyes with the side of my fist, I yawned and smiled at my mum and sister who were both sat down at the dinner table about to tuck into their food. Well mum was, Jess had already started to shovel all the pasta into her mouth. "Oh, hello love! I was just about to shout to you that dinner was ready." my mum smiled.

I nodded and began tucking into the pasta, not even waiting for it to cool down or until the pasta was successfully wrapped around the fork. I already knew that the sauce was all over my face but at this moment in time I didn't really care. My sister giggled at me whilst my mum rolled her eyes.

"You're such a tramp Nath." My sister mumbled but I wasn't eating any worse than she was.

"Wait 'till it cools down! You're going to get indigestion if you eat it that fast!" My mum scolded. I shrugged and carried on eating but this time a little slower.

I was about to compliment my mum on how good the food was until a frantic, loud knock interrupted me. My mum, Jess and I all looked at each other, confused. "I'll get it." I announced before I stood up and quickly wiped around my mouth with my shirt sleeve. The knocking got louder and louder.

I rushed to the door, it seemed urgent. Like someone was in danger. Images flashed in my mind from last time someone had knocked on the door like this - it was Tom and the knocking seemed exactly like it was the last time. My heart had leaped from my chest up to my throat as I opened the door. My instinct was right, it was Tom. Memories flashed from last time Tom had turned up outside my door, face all bruised and tears in his eyes. It was like déjà vu.

I didn't even speak, I just pulled him inside; into a hug. He sobbed into my shoulder as I gently rubbed his back, my heart had gone from my throat to the bottom of my stomach. He was in a much worse state then last time and I don't mean emotionally.

"Nathan dear, who is it?" My mum called from the dinning room. I was about to answer when she had walked into where we were stood in the hallway and gasped. "Oh dear, are you alright Tom? What's happened."

I shrugged. "Is it alright if I take him upstairs mum?"

She nodded. "Of course, I'll put your dinner in the oven so you can have it later." She waved us off.

Tom was still clinging onto me, it was quite difficult to get us both up the stairs side by side but somehow we managed it. Or I managed to as I was just dragging Tom up the stairs whom didn't seem to want to let go of me. I sat Tom down on my bed and then closed my bedroom door. I sat next to him and gently placed my hand on his back, too afraid to apply any pressure as if he was a fragile segment of porcelain and would break under any tiny amount of pressure.

I didn't know where to begin. I didn't know what to say - If I should say anything at all.

"Tom." I spoke softly. "What happened?"

He swallowed hard and I could tell he had started to get upset again. It killed me to see him like this and whoever did this to him I so, so badly wanted to kill them. "I-I can't."

I kissed him on the cheek. "Please Tom, you have to tell me." I pleaded.

He was quite at first, the only sound filling the room was our breathing and the loud ticking of the clock in my room which I hadn't realised was really annoying until now.

"Not many people know this, so I suppose you wouldn't have known you're like the third person that will know... apart from them." He stopped for a second and I thought that maybe that's all he was going to say but he continued. "I was in a gang."

I didn't have much time to process what he had just said before he continued.

"I was forced into it - blackmailed even. I didn't want to be in it, sure the thrill of being 'bad' and it being rebellious was fun but what happened inside the gang wasn't fun at all. The whole thing was just an illusion, they told me all of this- this bullshit about how it'd be great and how I would enjoy it." He had been staring at the wall the whole time, it was like he was in a trance as he told the story that must likely haunt him. "They threatened that they would hurt my mum and back then I was nothing but a scared and gullible 13 year old, I acted I was the cock of the walk - I still do - but I'm really not. Silly little me didn't realise that they wouldn't hurt my mum at all, they just like to scare young innocent kids to join them. I swear they get off on it."

I cringed at the thought. It must have been horrible for him. "It was them that did this?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Look, I'm not looking for any sympathy but you're the only person that seems to care about me. I have no one else to turn to anymore."

I shook my head. "That's not true, Tom. You have Max and Siva too."

"Really? They think I'm a dick. Rightly so too, I am a dick." Tom snorted.

"Everyone thinks you're a dick, Tom." I rolled my eyes. "Even I did. And I can promise you that neither me, Max or Siva think you're a dick. Sure you act like one at times but we all know that it's just a façade you put on."

Tom blinked. "That's deep."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up Tom." 

He rubbed his eye and I could tell he was exhausted. "Here, let me clean you up and then you can lie down. You look like you need a sleep." 

I quickly cleaned up the blood that had started to dry up under his nose and the corner of his mouth. He whimpered; I bit my lip and gave him an apologetic smile. 

"They look much worse you know."

"Sure." I rolled my eyes for the second time in like, a minute. "Lie down." I commanded and he did so.

I pulled of his shoes and pulled a blanket over him. I climbed in next him not before I took my own shoes off. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer to me. 

"I'm so glad I have you Nath." Was the last thing that I heard before I fell asleep.

I might update again later - emphasis on might - idk we will see. Or I migth even delete this chapter I feel like it's my worse one yet. It's v long though. I feel like no one is enjoying this, does anyone like it? lol. 

- Talia x