Chapter 8

Kate's POV

Andy and I rush back over to the guys and I explain everything that happened.

Ricky looks unamused, making me frown and ask "What?"

"I would ask why you were walking around and Andy was following you, but I think I already know the answer to that." Ricky replies, crossing his arms over his chest.

I see Andy give Ricky a death glare.

"Anyways, what am I going to do?" I ask.

"It's a trap," Chris says. "If you accept her offer and go with her, she'll turn you into one of them completely and make you kill us. If you don't, she'll come for us anyway. We don't win either way."

"Maybe if she stays with us, we can win. She is more powerful than this so called Lilith." Ricky replies. "Maybe if we train her to fully control her abilities, it may work."

"Wait, abilities?" I frown. "How many abilities do I have, other than being able to control demons?"

"A demon can have more than one ability. I can make people see what I want them to and also make objects float in the air. Not to mention the basic Guardian abilities like flames and teleporting." Ricky says.

"Wait, you can make objects float? Like Magneto?"

"Yeah, but not just metal things, people too. Watch." He holds his hand out and moves his fingers only, and I feel myself getting lifted from the ground. My eyes widen as everyone looks up at me.

"Okay, put me down." I start to freak out. I've never been a fan of heights, and Ricky knows that. Before I can say anything else,  he lowers his hand and I'm back on the ground.

"We need to test her and see if she has the same abilities as you." Andy says and begins to walk away from me.

He is now standing a few feet away from me, taking his pocket knife out of his pocket.

"Andy, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Watch." He says and suddenly throws the knife at me, the tip flying towards me.

I gasp as it comes closer to me but then stops and disappears.

I look down at my hand to see that I'm holding the knife.

I look up at Andy to see him grinning.

"How about something faster?" Josh asks.

He grabs his crossbow and points at me with it.

"I have an idea." I say and turn my back towards him.

"Kate, no. What if you aren't able to stop it?" Ricky asks.

"It's just an arrow. It won't kill me, relax. And besides, what if I do?" I ask, making him go quiet. "Josh, go."

I hear him pulling the arrow back and letting it go, making the arrow fly fast towards me. I can hear the arrow whistling as it flies toward me.

I turn around fast and grab the arrow with my hand before it can hit me, the tip centimeters away from my face.

I look at Josh to see his mouth hanging open, his eyes widened.

"Close your mouth Josh. If you want to catch flies, use a net." I tease, making Andy laugh.

I grin and drop the arrow.

"For the final round," Ricky calls out, making me face him. "You need to find me."

Before I know it, my sight is darkened.

I clench my fists and feel smoke surround me.

In a matter of seconds, my sight is back and I'm behind Ricky.

He turns around and throws a ball of fire at me.

I raise my hand and make the ball of fire appear in my hand.

I smirk and throw it at him, making him dissapear into smoke.

I turn around and don't see him anywhere. It suddenly becomes so silent that I can almost hear my heartbeat.

Wait, something's wrong. I can feel it.

"Where did he go?" Josh asks. We all exchange looks.

"Kate." Someone gasps behind me.

I turn around to see Lilith choking Ricky, holding him high against a tree.

"Kate!" I hear Chris yell behind me.

I see all of the guys with weapons. Lilith raises her hand, making all weapons fly from their hands into the air. She turns them around for them to be pointing at them.

"No!" I yell.

"You will choose us Katelyn." She growls before letting Ricky go, making him fall unconciously on the ground.

I hear the weapons fall on the ground behind me.

I run towards Ricky and pull his head on my lap.

"Ricky!" I shake him. "Rick!" I yell before his eyes open slowly.

"Fuck, what are we gonna do?" I hear Chris say behind me.

Ricky's eyes are now fully open and he blankly looks at me.

"I say we get the bitch."

I chuckle, nodding and help him stand up.

My smile fades as I feel pain shoot through my whole body, making me gasp and fall back.

"Kate!" Ricky yells and catches me in his arms before I fall.

I gasp at the pain, making me close my eyes. It's like my entire body is on fire. It's unbearable.

When I open them, I felt my eyes turn into hybrid eyes.

"Kate, I'm sorry." Ricky whispers before I feel something get stabbed in my arm, making everything go dark.

__________________

Things are going to get complicated soon ;)

VOTE?

COMMENT?