Chapter 2

Kate's POV

I feel cold liquid run down my throat, and my body automatically panics. My eyes fly open and I gasp and cough at the same time. I turn to see Ricky kneeling down beside me, concern written across his face.

"Hey sleeping beauty." I hear Chris joke somewhere in the background.

I groan and sit up and look around, realizing that I'm still in the woods.

"What happened?" I ask and look at Ricky, feeling my head pound.

I see him swallow hard and look away, before looking down at his hands and then back up at me. "You found your inner self."

I blink and frown.

"My inner self-" I get cut off when my eyes meet those familiar, beautiful blue eyes.

"You." I whisper. "You're the one from my dreams-"

"I knew that was you." Ricky cuts me off. "Why were you communicating with her through dreams?!" Ricky turns angry in a split second.

He stands up and grabs the guy from his collar and pins him against a tree, raising him.

"Do you realize what you have done?!" Ricky yells. "She's not ready for this!"

"Oh, she's ready. It's you that is not." The guy snaps.

I stand up and rush towards my brother, pulling him off of the guy.

"Stop! Just tell me what is going on! Please!" I yell frustratingly, looking from the guy to Ricky and everyone around us.

"She's more powerful than I anticipated." The guy says to Ricky, completely ignoring me.

"That's because she's a hybrid. Half angel, half demon, like me." Ricky replies. "Obviously."

"What?!" My eyes widen at Ricky's words. "You're insane. Demons don't exist."

"That, my dear, is not true. What you saw earlier? That was a demon, which you technically killed." The guy says and grins.

"Andy, enough." Ricky snaps. Huh. So the guy's name is Andy. Good to know.

"What?" I whisper, trying to take all of this in. Am I dreaming? Or on an acid trip? Or neither..?

"Kate, come with me. We need to talk." Ricky demands, not going to take no for an answer.

I exchange one last looks the guy before following Ricky deeper into the woods, away from the others.

We stop and he freezes when I ask "Ricky.. what am I?"

He turns to look at me and sighs

"You are a hybrid. You are half angel or guardian and half demon. As am I, though I have very little demon blood left in me. Our mom was a guardian and our father was a demon." He explains.