Chapter 1

Kate's POV

I step into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, locking it.

I lean against the counter, my hands gripping the edge. My face slowly raises until my eyes are staring at my reflection.

I close my eyes and when I open them, my gray eyes are replaced by blue, the edge black.

I flinch when someone suddenly starts to pound on the door roughly.

"Kate! Open up!" The person yells. He has a deep voice, and for some reason, I recognize it. I've heard it before.

When I show no sign of wanting to open the door, he begins to kick it.

I hold my hands out in front of the door, feeling the magic flow through my veins and out of my fingertips, casting a protection spell. Wait, what?

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around in a blink of an eye and I see him.

I shriek loudly as he throws me against the wall, his hands around my neck, gripping more and more tight by the second.

I look into his crystal blue eyes.

"I'm sorry." He whispers shakily as a small tear runs down his cheek.

He takes out a gold sword and sinks it into my stomach, making me shriek even louder until darkness embraces me.

"No!" I scream and my eyes fly open and I sit up in an instant, my heart threatening to escape from my chest. I look all around me and study my surroundings. I'm in my room.

It was just a dream.

My brother, Ricky, comes running to my room and the door flies open. He freezes in the doorway when he sees me covered in sweat and panting.

He knows from just looking at me. This has been happening since my 18th birthday which was 5 months ago. I keep having these dreams, which don't feel like dreams at all. More like visions.

He walks toward my bed, sits on the edge next to me and pulls me into a hug.

"Shh, it's okay, you're okay." He says softly as he slowly rocks my body back and forth to prevent me from getting a panic attack. The first time I dreamt about this, I had one. It was bad. I felt like I was going to die.

"It keeps happening." I whisper in his shoulder. "I keep seeing him."

"Who?"

"The guy with the blue eyes."

"Guy with blue eyes?" He asks. "What exactly does he look like?"

"Um." I pull away and try to remember the guy. You think that because I've seen him so many times in my dreams, I'd remember exactly what he looks like. But it's foggy when I wake up. "He's tall, fairly skinny, black hair, has a lot of tattoos."

I see his body stiffen and his jaw clench. He clearly seems to know who I'm talking about, but doesn't say anything.

"What do those dreams mean?" I ask, realizing that this is a pattern, and that he has an idea of what's happening.

"I'm sure they're nothing. Now, get dressed, you are coming with my band and I." He says and places a quick kiss on my forehead.

Ricky is the guitarist for the band Motionless In White. If I had to describe them, I'd say they're the love child of Marilyn Manson and Slipknot.

I blink in confusion. "Where are we going?" I ask, watching him walk away.

"Woods." He replies vaguely and casually.