Chapter 6

Kate's POV

The fresh air hits my warm body as I step out of the shop.

I breathe out and look all arond me, studying this so called Storybrooke, which appears to be a small and quiet town. I mean, all things considered.

I drag my feet against the concrete and walks towards nowhere in specific. I just walk.

Before I realize it, I'm walking along the shore, the sound of the waves calming me down. I grew up in Philadelphia, so I didn't have the pleasure of going to beaches. Why do you think I'm so pale?

I'm not angry, but confused and anxious. It seems too much to be a normal average teenager one day and then half demon and guardian the next. Not to mention who knows what I'll become or what I will do. But it won't be in my, or Ricky or anyone else's favor.

"Yeah, the sound of water calms me down too." Someone says behind me.

I flinch and turn my head to see Andy standing there, looking at the waves.

"I'm not surprised you're here." I say.

"Why is that? I'm known to be full of surprises." He smirks. I roll my eyes in response.

"Never mind. Why are you here?" I ask, annoyed.

"Thought you'd like some company." He replies.

"Right, because you're the first person I would go to if I needed company. Now tell me why you're really here."

He sighs in defeat.

"A part of me wants to kill you.." He trails off. "But I can't."

"You can't or won't?" I ask, not at all feeling threatened by him.

"I won't. Deep down in all of this, something good might come out of it." He says and steps closer to me.

"Really? And what is that?"

"This." He says before leaning his head towards mine and connecting his lips with mine.

My eyes widen. I push him off and slap him across the face hard.

"Don't even think about it." I growl, wiping my lips.

"You and Ricky are too much alike." He snaps, clearly offended by me not liking his kids.

"Well no shit, we're siblings aren't we?" I reply. "Now leave me alone."

"And if I don't?" He asks.

"Do you really want to know?!" I yell. I feel my eyes turn into hybrid eyes, fire rising from my hand.

"Hey!" Someone suddenly yells. "What is going on here?"

I blink, making my eyes turn back to normal. The fire in my hand fading.

I see a woman with shoulder length black hair, red lips and a red dress walk towards us.

"Who said this was any of your business?" Andy snaps. Could he be any more of an asshole?

"Because I'm the mayor thank you very much." She replies.

"I apologize, your majesty." Andy snarks.

"Apology accepted. Regina." She introduces herself.

"Andy."

She looks at me and asks "And you are?"

"Kate." I mumble.

"You're Ricky's sister." Regina says.

"You know him." It doesn't really come out in the form of a question.

"Well, of course. I helped Rumplestiltskin make that potion for him." She says.

"Is there any way you can make another potion? This time, for me?" I ask.

"I'm afraid not. The potion was a one time thing. I'm sorry." She says.

"It's fine." I whisper.

"Well, I hope you and your boyfriend have a nice day here in Storybrooke." She smiles.

"Oh, he's not my boyfriend." I say.

"Yet." I hear Andy mumble. I glare at him and feel like slapping him again.

"Remember this, love comes in unexpected ways. I would know." She says, chuckling. "It was nice meeting you."

"Yeah, same here." I reply.

She smiles again before walking away.

I look at Andy to see him grinning.

"You're unbelieveable." I scoff and start walking back towards the shop. Of course, Andy following behind.

As I opened the shop door, I bump into a man.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Ah, Kate." He says.

I frowned. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" I ask.

"Kate, this is Rumplestiltskin, or here known as Mr.Gold." Andy says.

"Oh, you're him."

"Yes, dearie, I am." He says. "I thought you were inside."

"I was. I woke up and needed to get fresh air." I reply.

"Right. You've grown up so much. Last time I saw you, you were just 5 years old. I remember seeing you walk in, hand in hand with Ricky. Ricky was a teenager himself. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were his daughter." He chuckles.

I let out a humorless laugh. If only I had a father figure in my life besides my brother. It would make all of this a little more bearable.

"I don't remember any of this." I say.

"That's because I cast a spell on you that would make you forget everything. You were a child then, not ready to find out." He says.

I nod, remembering Ricky telling me that he wanted to wait to tell me everything. "Is there any other way to stop the demon blood in me?" I ask, regretting asking that the moment it comes out of my mouth.

"I don't think so. Your fate is decided. I'm sorry." He says.

"Please, don't. I got enough people apologizing for something that is not their fault." I sigh and walk past him, into the shop. I walk towards the back part of the shop where Ricky and Chris were talking.

I stop and walk back, not making my precense but being able to hear their conversation.

"Ricky, the man left you and never met Kate. Do you think he wants to see you?" Chris asks.

"Of course not. But I'm not leaving him a choice. It's not about me anymore, it's about Kate." Ricky replies. "He might have never met her, but that's still his daughter, and he's gonna have to suck it up and deal with it."

"How do you think he will help you with Kate though?"

"The only way remaining left to wipe the demon blood in Kate is to kill the head demon. If she gets killed, all demons will get killed, she controls them. It won't kill Kate because she is half angel as well, but it will kill the demon blood in her. Or at least, it should."

"Kill the head demon? Ricky, do you realize how dangerous that is? Everyone who has tried to do that has gotten killed in less than five seconds. She'll kill you." Chris exclaims in disbelief.

"Not if we have Kate with us. She's more powerful than the head demon, you know. So am I. I can wake the demon side in me, and we'll combine forces and defeat her. It's difficult but not impossible."

"And how do you think we will locate the head demon?"

"That's where I need to put my father into the equation. If we find him, we'll find the head demon throughout him." Ricky says. "We can't find her through me or Kate even if we tried. We need someone will only demon blood inside them since they serve her, but hybrids don't. They serve nobody."

"Ricky, I don't think this is a good idea." Chris says.

I step into the room, making Chris and Ricky look at me.

"Lets do it." I say, determination written on my eyes. "Let's find her and kill her."

________________