Epilogue

Ricky's POV

I look out the window as the car drives past the woods. The woods in which Kate found out who she really was. The beginning of it all.

"Ricky, you okay?" Chris' voice echoes in my head. I blink and turn my head, looking at him.

"Fine." I reply hoarsely. It's obvious that I've spent the fast few days crying my eyes out. They're actually a bit swollen, and I'm a bit hungover. I've tried drinking to forget the fact that my sister is dead, and was killed by my own hands, but not even that helps. Drunk or not, I remember it all.

"Sorry, stupid question. I know you're not fine." He says. "I'm sorry."

"This was all bound to happen. She turned into a villain. Villains don't get happy endings. That's why I didn't get mine." I shrug the whole conversation off, no longer wanting to talk about it.

We are now heading to Kate's funeral. We decided that it was best to bury her in a normal cemetery instead of the angel or demon one. I want to remember her as the stubborn person who wanted to stay with me forever, who believed even in the darkest of storms, who did everything in her power to love everyone around her. Not the Kate whom I lost to darkness, the one who couldn't love anyone anymore. Because that's not who she was when she was born nor when she died.

I sigh deeply and close my eyes, trying to stop my mind from thinking, just for a while before we arrive to the cemetery.

I shut down, ignoring everything around me. Focusing on nothing but my own heartbeat.

Until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I iron my eyes and frown.

"We're here." Chris whispers.

I breathe out and nod before unbuckling my seat belt and getting out of the car, Chris doing the same.

The fresh air hits my warm face as we walk to the small crowd that is surrounding a coffin with a familiar body inside. Everyone's here. My band, Black Veil Brides, New Years Day. Hell, even Rumplestilskin, Belle, Regina and Emma. I see a few unfamiliar faces, but I don't mind. They came to pay their respects, and I appreciate it.

I push my way past everyone, stepping in front and seeing the lifeless body of the one I held dear the most, and still do, always will.

I let out a shaky breath. Kate was changed into a plain, white dress. Her hands are locked on top of her stomach. Her black hair is brushed on top of her shoulders. She looks so peaceful, so relaxed. No one will be able to take this from her.

The entire funeral is a huge blur

The entire funeral is a huge blur. I feel lightheaded the entire time.

I turn my head to look at Andy as he steps forward, his turn to share his eulogy. I haven't spoken to him since the day of the battle. He hasn't exactly thanked me for saving his life, and I understand that. Because in doing so, I took away his 'true love,' or so Rumplestilskin called it.