Chapter 18

Ricky's POV

"So you've chosen Andy over your sister." Rumple says, clearly surprised.

"I no longer have a sister." I reply. I look at Katherine. "Where can I find the sword of the angel?"

"It's right here." Katherine speaks softly and makes a beautiful, golden sword appear in her hands.

She holds it out. I hesitate for a moment before taking it.

It feels heavy in my hands, but regardless, it makes me feel powerful. I'm holding the weapon that will kill the only family I have left. The weapon that will put an end to all of this.

"What do we do now?" Regina asks.

I look at her. "We train."

___________

For the rest of the week, our army spends most of the day training for the fight.

I've been practicing using the sword of the angel. Not only can it kill Kate and save Andy, but it can kill Lilith and demons will officially perish from our world.

Regina, Emma and Rumple have been practicing their magic and making it better and powerful by Belle's help with her books. All of the guardians have been practicing their magic and powers as well.

Andy on the other hand, is getting worse, barely holding on. The fight needs to happen soon if he is going to live.

Right now, Chris and I are fighting each other as if I were fighting Kate. It's not even close as to how the real thing will be but it's worth getting ready.

Just as Chris is about to throw a ball of fire at me, I disappear into blue haze and appear behind him.

He turns around just in time and throws me against a tree.

I fall on my stomach but quickly get back up, running back towards him.

I tackle him and sink the sword right in between his rib and arm in a blink of an eye.

He holds his hands out and grins. "Good job, Olson."

I smile and get up, helping him up.

"I think you're ready for Kate." He says, wiping the dirt off of him.

I raise my eyebrows as I swing the sword. "You think?"

"Well, I'm not nearly as powerful as Kate but you were way faster than you usually are at fighting." He replies.

I chuckle. "Well, I think I have enough of this for today. I'm going to go check on Andy."

As I'm about to turn around and head towards Gold's shop, Chris stops me.

"Since when do you care so much about Andy? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but, I mean, you weren't so fond of the idea of him and Kate together in the beginning."

I sigh. "I guess it took Kate going dark for me to see that he's a good guy that doesn't deserve to die."

"Is it really that? Or you just don't want him to die because he's a reminder of the old Kate, the good one?"

Chris knows me too well. I exhale. "Fine, you got me. But I'm not going to be cruel enough to let anyone die, so-"

I get cut off by a piercing scream coming from who knows where in the distance.

"What the hell was that?" Chris asks, clearly now alarmed.

The scream is heard again, and it's chilling. I know where it's coming from.

My instinct tells me to run towards the far end of the woods so I do.

"Ricky, wait!" I hear Chris yell behind me.

I ignore him and continue to run until I come face to face with Ruby (Red Riding Hood) kneeling near the bleeding body of a guardian, sobs escaping her mouth.

"Ricky what-" Chris stops talking as soon as he catches up and sees what I'm seeing.

"How did this happen?" I ask Ruby.

"I don't know," She sobs. "I was taking a walk around here and then I saw t-this..."

Chris kneels down and comforts her by wrapping his arms around her, trying to calm her down. She continues to sob.

I look closely at the lifeless body in front of me and see that there are letters written with blood on the shirt of the guardian.

'War is now.'

"Oh my god." I whisper.

"What?"

I look at Chris. "War. It's here."

_______________

After that encounter, I go to talk to Rumplestiltskin and let him know what happened so that he could make sure the town is safe and alert.

I walk back into the shop to see that Andy is sitting up, clutching his stomach.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You know how I communicate with dreams?" He asks. I nod. "Well Lilith did that with me. She says to meet her in the battlefield tonight in the demon graveyard, the one we went to. If not, she'll start sending her army to this town and then to the human world."

He gasps and lays back down, clearly struggling to breathe. I still can't believe that my sister did this to him.

"Ricky!" I hear Nick yell as he enters the shop along with other footsteps.

I turn around and see Nick along with my band enter the room.

"Lilith let Andy know when the fight is." I say.

"And?"

"We're heading out tonight. Except you, Nick. You're staying here to make sure Andy doesn't die before I can sink the sword of the angel into Kate.

"Alright, sounds good."

I look at Chris, and I know what that look in his eyes mean.

'We're might be going off to our death. Are you ready?'

I take a deep breath and nod. Not like I have any other choice.

__________________

Woo! The battle begins ;) Get ready.

VOTE?

COMMENT?