34

paige roamed the halls of the hospital for the first time since the accident. she got stares from all the nurses, most of which she'd never even met. she smiled at the fact that everyone was so happy to see her, but all the people she wanted to see were no where to be found.

"have you seen dr. robbins or dr. karev?" she asked a nurse. the nurse shook her head no and paige walked away. she walked into the nuero lab and was relieved to see betty looking at scans. "is this all shepherd makes you do? look at scans?" paige said, causing betty's head to turn.

"your back!" the brunette yelled, jumping up from her chair. the two girls pulled themselves into a giant hug.

"can you work finally?" betty asked.

"nope. just visiting."

"ha. bet you hate that." betty laughed.

"where is everybody?"

"all in surgery or with patients. we've been swamped this morning."

"well when you see them tell them i'm here and want to see everyone." paige smiled as she walked out the door.

"yeah and wait-" betty called after her. paige turned around abruptly and stared into her eyes.

"your amazing." betty smiled. paige blushed. she walked toward the girl and placed a happy, soft kiss on her lips. the two smiled and separated.

paige was very happy.

paige walked onto the peds floor and immediately felt like she was home. she loves it here.

"meyers?" arizona yelled from the other side of the hall.

paige smiled and ran to arizona, engulfing her in a hug.

"ugh! karev just left! he would have loved to see you! have you heard the news?"

"there's news?"

"so no." arizona laughed. "well it's not my place to tell, but keep your eye out." she winked and walked away.

"wait! is that what jackson wants to tell me?" arizona ignored her and walked away with a laugh.

paige rolled her eyes. she took a look around the hospital. "hey." she said to a nurse. "how is ricky lucan? is he still admitted?" paige asked. ricky was a nine year old boy with bone cancer who paige had grown close with over the months. the nurse nodded. "room four." she said.

"what about lily smith?"

"she was discharged last week."

"johnny morgan?"

the nurse stuttered. "johnny morgan died ten days ago."

paige took a deep breath. she really did miss a lot. she smiled at the nurse and walked into the fourth room.

"dr. meyers!" the little boy shouted when she walked in.

"hey, champ!" she smiled at him, but that didn't last. his body had turned to a skeleton. he had no muscle, only bones. his skin stretched so tight over his bones it looked like it would snap. his dark skin has turned pink. his eyes looked tired and his body looked bruised.

"are you my doctor now?" he asked.

"not yet, i'm just looking around today."

"why were you gone for so long?"

"i was in an accident. and i got hurt really bad. so the doctors here fixed me."

"like the doctors here are fixing me?" he asked.

she hesitated. "yup!" she lied.

she wanted to get back to work before this kid died.

"hey, jackson." paige said when she met up with him in the hallway.

"hey, maggie, amelia, and owen get out of surgery in like five minutes and i'm sure they will love to see you." he said.

"yeah yeah yeah." paige muttered, not listening to what he was saying. "you had something to tell me?"

"oh yeah," he said. "the wedding is going to be next weekend. and april wants you to be one of her bridesmaids. she'd ask you yourself but she's been up to her ears in wedding planning and hasn't had the time to discuss anything with anyone.

"yes! i'd love too." paige smiled. that's definitely not what arizona was talking about.

"does arizona know?"

"uh arizona knows that she is in the wedding but she doesn't know you are. why?"

"no reason." paige smiled and walked away.

owen, amelia, and maggie walked out of surgery with heavy heads.

"you don't look good." paige said.

their heads lifted on unison. they greeted her with hugs and 'hellos' and lots of questions.

"hey," paige said, releasing herself from amelias arms. "what is the news that arizona keeps talking about?"

"baby karev?" maggie asked.

"wait what?" paige shouted, resulting in a smack from amelia, implying that she keeps it down.

"oh, i probably shouldn't have said that. act surprised when jo and alex tell you, but jo is six weeks pregnant. alex is gonna be a dad." maggie laughed.

wow. alex a dad.

(hii this chapter sucks but i thought this would be a great chapter to introduce baby jolex because i became an aunt today🥰🥰)