6

*TW ⚠️ mentions of sexual assault*

paige and jackson finished up lunch and walked to the car.

"hey," paige said. "meredith texted you, she said they finished the girls thing?"

"i still don't know what that means." jackson laughed. but paige didn't even smile.

"what's wrong? i've never seen you this upset."

"i'm fine, jackson. you don't need to worry about me."

"yeah well tough. i am gonna worry about you whether you like it or not. you're like my sister and i love you and at grey sloan memorial hospital we protect the people we love. or else they get hit by a bus or a semi or drown or get shot or crash in a plane."

"uh what?"

"nevermind just," jackson paused, he realized nothing he could say would help the situation. "just don't shut everyone out. if your not gonna talk to me, talk to someone. pushing the people who care away will- will hurt more than keeping your feelings locked up."

"yeah thanks." paige said, looking down at her shaky hands.

the car ride was silent. paige and jackson arrived at the hospital and mer, arizona, april, jo, and miranda stood at the door.

"we have a surprise for you." meredith said.

"you do?" paige asked.

"alex's old room."

"what?"

"you can stay in alex's old room. rent free. you can live under my roof, the only catch is that you have to watch my kids every once in a while. but since amelia and betty moved in with link and maggie is working all the time, we have the space. and it's a lot better than living in the on call room. we moved all your stuff and set it up there. az painted the walls and put your name on the headboard."

tears formed in paiges eyes. she tried to stop but she couldn't. she fell into a cry on jackson's shoulder.

"i didn't know it was this big of a deal to you," mer smiled, "don't be emotional, really i should've done it a long time ago."

"no it's not that, thank you. i just.." paige looked at all the eyes that were on her, "i need to walk."

she left the group and didn't turn back, she knew she was wrong but she wasn't sure how to make it right.

jo got paged to the on call room, which isn't exactly a thing. worry struck her as she left her patient and walked slowly to the on call room. she opened the door to a teary eyed paige.

"what's going on?" asked jo.

paiges eyes filled with sadness and regret.

"doctor hansen." she cried. "he came to preform this once in a lifetime surgery. i should've knows it was a load of crap because he claimed to be 'one of the top doctors' but nobody here knew who he was. but now i know. he's a predator and a rapist."

jo's eyes got huge. "what exactly did he do?" she asked, sitting down next to the poor, shaky girl.

"after the surgery, i went to the bathroom and he asked jackson to close, he followed me to the room and he pushed me down and he.." she broke down and cried into wilson's shoulder. "i can't sleep or eat and work all i do is sit there and-and think about how stupid i am to let this happen."

"hey," jo interrupted, "none of this is your fault."

paige took a drink of some water and slowly stopped crying.

"so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't wanna tell the guys?" jo suggested.

"alex and jackson and owen would like beat the crap out of him, and as funny as that would be to watch- i don't want it to cost them their jobs. so no." paige said, letting out a small laugh.

"are you gonna go to the cops?"

"i don't think so."

"paige, you should."

"but, i don't wanna testify and have to tell the story over and over again to fifty different cops."

"paige, i know it's hard. but if you tell them then he can go to jail and he won't be after you, okay?"

"just give me a few days to calm down. this weekend you and me will go to the cops. just don't tell the guys."

"don't tell the guys what?" owen said, entering the room with levi and deluca behind him.

"crap." paige blurted out, regretting everything she just said.