• Chapter 11 •

I look up at my front door, still trying to resolve whether or not to go in. I let out a huge sigh and open the door to my "happy" home.

I take my shoes off at the door and slowly walk towards the kitchen, everything is quiet I can't hear a thing.

I start to go back to normal breathing, when I hear yelling from my parents bedroom upstairs. I move to the stairs quickly and walk up the stairs careful not to make a sound.

I get upstairs and move to Mom and Dad's room, I place my ear against the door.

"Robert I'm so sick of this!" Mom yells after I hear glass shattering in the background.

"Get over it Miranda, your going to do what I say! Do you understand?" Dad screams so loud I move my ear away from the door.

"No! I am so over you doing this to me and my children, they don't derseve this. They deserve to live a normal life and I do too!" Mom replies, the anger seething out of her voice.

"You do have a normal life Miranda! All of our children do!" Dad yells, I can hear him pacing back in forth.

"They aren't your children Robert and I'm done." Mom says while starting to cry. Wait we aren't his children? I strain my ear to hear their hushed voices.

"Yes they are! You nasty peice of work!" Dad yells, I start to frown as I hear a yelp in pain.

"Well one of them is." Dad comments again as mom starts to cry and groan.

"Keep thinking that Robert, we all know the truth." Mom says in a soft and hurt voice.

A peircing scream rushes through the air as I hear objects or items hitting walls and floors.

"Just get the frig out of my room!" Dad yells as Mom tumbles out the door, both her arms bleeding and with brusies starting to show on her face.

I hold back tears as I realise my father did this to her. Mom rushes past and basically runs down the stairs.

I catch up to her in the kitchen where she gets the first aid kit out.

"How much did you hear honey?" Mom says quietly not looking up.

"It doesn't matter what I heard, what does matter though, is if you are ok?" I say as I walk over to Mom and put my arms around her.

She starts to cry again and leans her head on my shoulder as the tears flow out in rivers. I run my hand up and down her back as I try to process everything I have just heard and everything that has happened in the last couple of days.

Mom releases me from the cuddle as she turns her attention back to the cuts on her arm.

"Mom I do need to know what is going on though." I say firmly as I take a seat on the opposite side of the kitchen.

Mom looks at me in the eye and I sense that she is scared, I look towards the stairs to see if Dad is there and he isn't.

"Mom he isn't here." I say quietly. She still looks scared out of her wits though.

Finally she looks up at me and motions for me to lean in.

"It's not safe to talk here. Tonight after your father goes to bed, we'll go have coffee." Mom whispers then walks over to the freezer.

I shake my head in disgust at my Dad and turn towards the stairs again but this time make my way up to my room.

I throw my bag down after I slam my door shut, starting to seethe in anger. I crumple to the floor and start to writhe.

How could the one man that I used to trust with my life suddenly turn so revolting! I start to feel sick the more I think about the blood running down my Mom's arms, and the marks that were turning purple on her face.

I feel a burning sensation in my arms as I start to think of Dad throwing Mom across the room. I open my eyes and freeze still.

For the second time, I see the shiny metallic liquid oozing through my veins. My body starts to shake uncontrollably, I begin roll around on the floor groaning in pain.

I hear what I think are bones snapping, my eyes feel like they are on fire. I look at my veins again to see the purple colour slowly start to fade into a dark blue.

I look around the room feeling really scared and horrified, tears are running out of my eyes as the pain resurfaces.

A different pain though, as if my body is being pulled apart into two peices. I hold in my screams of pain, so I don't alarm my Mom.

Suddenly I start to shiver, feeling like ice I walk over to my bed and faint on top of it.

*********************************************

Hey there everyone! Thanks so much for reading this far into the story. I have put so much effort into the storyline and hope you are all enjoying.

Please vote and comment on my story!

Ily xx