• Chapter 14 •

I groan as I realise sleep has left me when my mind awakens. I roll towards the right expecting to hit my bedside table, but I don't.

I roll again but the object beneath me stays in place. I should be on my bedroom floor I tell myself, as I lay there frozen, too scared to open my eyes and face the reality of my situation.

I slowly squint my eyes open to be nearly blinded by a blazing strong yellow light. I open my eyes fully and quickly get on my knees to gather my surroundings.

Grass, dead brown grass, that crackles and stings beneath your feet.

I look up from the ground to see miles upon miles of dead grass before me. I stand up on my feet and and do a full 360 degree circle around.

Everywhere surrounding me is just grass until it reaches the edge of the horizon.

I'm starting to freak out.

How did I get here?

What time is it?

How do I leave?

Beads of sweat start to form on my forehead as I start to become paralysed with fear. My breathing becomes loud and raspy.

I start to run towards where the yellow light is setting, tears pouring out of my eyes. I continue to run, pain searing through my stomach, my legs start to cramp up as if they have been running for years.

I have only been running for 60 seconds.

My vision starts spin, the grass becomes the sky and I am running on nothing.

I scream out an ear bleeding screech as my body cracks like a thunderstorm.

I fall to the ground crying wishing I could die.

I am no drama queen. I am not exaggerating. I am in pain.

"I can't do this. I can't do this" I chant my eyes shut tightly as I roll around on the dead grass possessed.

I roll on to my stomach, my hands trying to grip onto the ground when everything stops.

I blink, my left over tears dropping out of my eyes.

"Don't ever say that again." a sickly sweet voice whispers through the breeze.

I look up slowly sensing a presence before me, half of me happy not to be alone, the other half of me scared to death at what awaits me.

"Look at me!" the sweet voice not so sweet anymore, as it screeches like a loud speaker in the air.

I quickly throw my head up to look in front of me, when my heart literally drops to the ground.

Before me is a blonde woman in a golden long dresss, her hair flows down in curls to her hips, she has bright red lipstaick staining her full lips, her cheek bones pushing out against her skin making her look every inch majestic.I breath in deeply, her scent is strong like roses.

I bring my eyes up to hers for barely a third of a second, her eyes staring into my soul scattering me to pieces.

"Nothing is as it seems." the golden lady says sternly pulling me into eye contact.

I glue my eyes onto hers, tears starting to form again, she glares at me, I can't continue with this torture.

"I said don't say that." the lady says again harshy shaking her head.

"I didn't say anything?" I say quietly knowing she will hear me anyways.

"Don't test me Renée." the golden lady warns, I want to ask how she knows my name but I don't have the guts.

I close my eyes for 5 seconds then reopen them to see the lady 3 inches away from my face. I gasp loudly as she places her hand over my mouth.

"Shhh Renée, you will understand soon." she whispers starting to back away from me.

I look frantically at her, my brain searching for answers. The golden lady just stares at me, as if she is waiting for something to click within me.

My brain is tripping over itself, I swear steam is coming out of my ears.

"Stop thinking..." the lady says as she starts to spin like an elegant ballet dancer going faster and faster every millisecond. Her body starting to disintegrate into tiny pieces as she disappears into thin air.

My mouth drops.

The golden lady's veins were glowing.

They were glowing purple.

***Heyyy my wonderful readers!

I just want to take a moment and thank you all for reading my book for starters. I appreciate it so much! I also want to thank everyone who has been giving me feedback on my chapters, I love hearing what you have to say! I hope you all love this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it.

By the way if you would like to see what I get up to when I'm not writing, follow me on instagram @joanna_shepherd also follow my wattpad account @diamonds_dont_die

Ta ta for now

Joanna***