• Chapter 10 •

We arrive at Daniel's house quickly enough and I jump out of the car taking my back pack with me. Daniel meets me at the front door waiting for me to walk in. He starts to walk up the stairs towards his bedroom.

I excitedly run after him, keen to see his room, I don't know why but seeing his "evil lair" is like seeing into his mind.

Daniel pauses right out front of his door and turns to face me.

"Don't say anything stupid Watson." Daniel says frowning as he opens the door.

"And why would I do that Park." I reply rushing past him and into the middle of the room.

I stand with my feet stuck to the floor in shock of how well designed and clean it is. I do a few spins taking in every detail.

He has a greyish covered double bed and a blue lit up desk full of CDs and books, with a fluffy green rug right in the center.

"As you can see, my mum likes to design." Daniel shrugs as he walks past me throws his jacket on the bed and flops next to it.

I do another spin around the room my mouth still touching the ground.

"Jesus! it's just a room Renée." Daniel laughs throwing a pillow at me. I squeal as it hits me sqaure on the nose.

"You don't know what you just started Park." I state getting my serious look on.

"I think I do Watson." Park smirks.

With that I run at him on the bed and start pelting him with hits from my pillow. He is frozen for one moment before he reacts and yanks my ankles so that I fall flat on my face.

I half scream half laugh as I feel a pillow getting pegged at me. I quickly do some sort of fancy army roll off the bed and grab a pillow for defence, Daniel doing the same.

In a blink of an instance I charge at him toppling over him and both of us falling on to the bed.

Me on top of him.

Dammit Renée.

Time freezes for seconds as Daniel searches my eyes.

I gaze back at him wondering what will happen when Daniel reaches his hand slowly up to my face.

My heart starts beating like a maniac, I'm sure the whole world can hear how loud it is.

He reaches my face and brushes his thumb accross my lips, my body sending shivers up my spine, my face flushing 3 different shades of red. He then moves his hand to my hair and pushes it behind my ear keeping eye contact with me the whole time.

Short breaths are leaving my mouth as Daniel starts to gently move my head towards his, I close my eyes as his lips become inches away from mine.

"Daniel!!!!" Charlotte yells smiling running and joining us on the bed. I quickly jump up and move to his desk at the otherside of the room, my face and neck changing to every possible colour of red.

I feel Daniels eyes burning into me as he talks with his sister about her day, but I keep my eyes averted and focused on my hands.

Soon enough Charlotte finishes babbling and leaves the room shutting the door behind her. I get up from my seat and walk towards my backpack and get out my biology textbook and pencil case.

I then lay down on the green rug and turn towards Daniel to see him frowning.

"Assignment?" I remind him, opening up my textbook.

"uhh about what happened....." I cut him off quickly.

"Never happened." I reply curtly, turning back to the book.

I hear Daniel get up and walk towards his desk and get his school books too. He shortly joins me on the rug laying down. He accidently touches my hand as he sits and I feel him jump.

"Sorry." I apologise, and he shrugs in return.

*****************************************************************************************************

After more than an hour of questions and scientific explainations I slam my books shut.

"Thats enough for today." I say yawning and rubbing my eyes.

Daniel quickly gets up and offers me his hand, I frown in surprise and decide to take him up on his offer and place my hand in his.

Sparks shoot up my arm, making me dizzy in the head.

Daniel looks at me hard and quickly drops me and turns away.

"What the hell Park." I screech as my bum lands on the ground.

"Might want to lay of the cookies Watson." Daniel replies walking out the door.

I shake my head angriliy, he will always be Daniel Park.

I walk downstairs with my bag towards the kitchen where Mrs. Park pulls out a tray of cookies from the oven.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Park." I say smiling at her then glance at Daniel in the T.V room who is not paying any attention to me.

"Hi Renée, want a cookie." she smiles back.

"Yes please" I exaggerate for more my amusement then Daniel's then take two and start to walk out the door.

I notice Daniel still not making a move to take me home so I decide to play my own game.

I pick up Daniel's car keys from the bowl in the hallway and yell out.

"Oh by the way Mrs. Park, your son is such a gentlemen, he is letting me borrow his car for a whole term." I hold in my hysterics as I jingle Daniel's keys dramatically and close the front door.

I start laughing as soon as the door shuts behind me and race to the car.

And in a matter of minute seconds I hear the front door slam and Daniel running behind me.