• Chapter 13 •

All I can hear from around the table is the sound of utensils clashing with the glass plates as Mom, Pete and I finish off our dinner.

Dad hasn't moved an inch from his room since the fight, and I can't say that isn't bad news. I probably couldn't keep myself together. It's already taking all my will power to not storm up there and bash the hell out of him.

I slurp down my last noodle and scrap my chair backwards as I stand to take my dish to the sink. I glance at Mom's plate as I walk by and grit my teeth seeing that she has barely eaten a mouthful of the stirfry.

I harshly put my plate in the dishwasher, then walk up the stairs to my room. I pull  out my phone and earphones and blare some acoustic music while I start on the damn biology assignment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about two hours of strenuous hard work, I take my headphones out and let out a huge breath. I check the time on my phone when I see a message from my mom.

8:06 pm

Mom: Sorry Renee, I can't make coffee tonight, I'm heading over to a friends house and have taken Pete with me xx

9:18pm

Me: Ok talk when you get home then? xo

9:19 pm

Mom: Sure

I let out a groan, I knew she wouldnt end up telling me anything, but I will make sure she does as soon as she gets home.

I close my science books and grab my phone as I walk towards my bed. I click on to my Facebook app to check whats happening.

Nothing. I turn my phone off, bored as anything.

I look at my phone, then let out a massive laugh as I pick it up and send out a text.

Me: you awake Park?

Park: yes, what you want?

Me: nothing

Park: someone has no friends, haha

Me: I do so!

Park: then why txt me?

I blink, why the hell did I text him. Don't go there Rae!

Me: I don't know haha

Park: what time do I pick you up in the morning?

Me: is 10 alright?

Park: sure, you coming to my party tomorro night?

Me: hmm not sure

Park: thought you loved parties?

Me: I do

Park: alrighty "mah babe"

Me: wondered when you were gonna realise

Park: night Watson

Me: night.

I turn my phone off and close my eyes. A silly smile playing on my lips.

Snap out of it girl. You and Park are a big no no. But nothing can swipe this smirk off my face.

A.N

Sorry for the short chapter guys, the last two weeks have been pretty stressful with school enrollments. I'm hoping to post a longer one next week. xx