• Chapter 7 •

I grip the leather seat underneath me as Daniel speeds along the street leading to my house.

"Number 78 on the left." I remark holding on for dear life. We finally make it safely into my driveway and I jump out as quick as I can and run towards the house. I pull out my house keys and rush inside quietly.

I walk into the hallway and pause, I hear a television running in the lounge room. I stand on my tippy toes and creep into the lounge. I scan the room and freeze when I see Dad sitting on the couch. I hold my breath in and cross my fingers. I race up the stairs as fast as I can, I shut my bedroom door when I hear a voice float up the stairs.

"Renée is that you?" Dad yells. Crap! I start to freak out. I quickly change into a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. I hear footsteps coming towards my door. I ran towards my window and open it just as my door opens.

"Renée where the hell have you been?" Dad growls at me pointing his finger accusingly. I stopped moving and glared at Dad.

"I was at a friends." I reply back folding my arms over my chest while glaring right back at Dad.

"You should've told us you wouldn't be home! We were worried about you!" Dad says crossly.

"Well maybe you should focus your worry on getting a job!" I yell angrily at him.

"Renée you know I'm trying!" Dad replies staring at my eyes. I look away and rub my eyes in annoyance.

"Not hard enough! You had to sell our personal possessions to pay who knows what debts." I say in return putting my jacket on.

"Princess don't be rude!" he says grabbing my arm harshly before I walk away.

"I'm trying my best to get a job Renée, but maybe if you didn't act like such a spoilt brat I would have less to worry about!" Dad yells at me surely bruising my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yelp wincing, he releases me and pushes me out of my room.

"You are to come straight home, understand? Your grounded for furthur notice!" Dad growls as I run down the stairs and out the front door rubbing my arm.

I run towards Daniel's car and jump onto the seat, tears falling out of my eyes.

"You alright Watson?" Daniel asks looking uncomfotable. I nod in return while rubbing my arm silently. Daniel looks at my arm his face hardening in what looks like anger. I raise my eyebrow at him, and he looks away quickly pulling out of my drive way.

********************************************************************

We get to school in a matter of minutes and I thank Daniel for the ride before I rush to my Math class. I pull my sleeve down over the bruise Dad gave me and walk into the room.

The class goes quiet, I just shake my head at the clicheness of this and stalk to the back of the room where I see Maddie waving frantically.

"Renée!!!!" Maddie squeals grabbing me in a hug gaining everyones attention.

"Sorry I'm late Miss, my dad was lecturing me." I yell out smirkingly to the flustered teacher at the front of the room. She glares at me in return and screeches at the class to be quiet.

I turn to Maddie and laugh, "So whats been happening Mads?"

"Absolutely nothing Raeeee! Literally been boring without you." Maddie says with a pout, I laugh at her cuteness.

"Well I had an interesting night." I say winking like a creep, Maddie grabs my face.

"OMG Renée Watson you naughty girl!" Maddie giggles quietly because people were starting to listen to our converstaion.

"Haha not that way Maddie! It was for a biology assignment." I reply grinning.

"Oh haha who with?" Maddie asks leaning her ear towards my mouth.

"Park." I state trying to keep a straight face as Maddie stares at me with an open mouth.

"What?" Maddies asks again still shocked.

"I know what your thinking Mads, but it wasn't that bad, like I'm still alive." I reply shrugging, Maddie raises her eyebrow and I crack.

"Well there is a long story behind the reason I went, I was emotionally unstable yesterday afternoon." I say to Maddie shaking my head, Maddie gives me a kiss on the cheek and brings a smile back to my face.

"Renée tell Maddie, she's a good listener." Maddie says in a whisper trying not to catch the teacher's attention.

"Dad sold Logan's and my car, so I was supposed to catch the bus yesterday afternoon, but I missed it, so I tried looking for a lift and then thats when Logan found me and made a deal about him giving me lifts to and from school if I do the biology assignement with him." I rant crossing my arms in annoyance.

"Wow Renée you've been busy." Maddie exclaims smirking.

"Haha now I'm stuck with him for the whole term." I groan leaning my head on the desk.

"My poor dear!" Maddie comforts rubbing my arm.

"Ow!" I screech, Maddie jumps back in fright.

"What did I do?" Maddie asks worried.

"Nothing Maddie, when I went home this morning to change for school Dad got mad because I fell asleep at Park's and stayed the night without telling him and he hurt my arm." I say shrugging it off.

"Hold up! Your dad hurt you!" Maddie yells in a whisper her eyes wide in worry.

"I'm fine trust me, it just shocked me that Dad would lay a finger on me." I reply shaking my head.

"Thats so stupid, can I punch him in the face?"Maddie asks sweetly trying to cheer me up.

"Sure Maddie haha!" I grin back at her.

"Your not off the hook man!" Maddie says with a smirk, I raise my eyebrows questioningly.

"How was your sleep over at Park's" Maddie winks, I laugh and hit Maddie on the head with my textbook.

"I just fell asleep on the couch Maddie nothing happened." I laugh at her picking up my pencil and starting my work, Maddie giggles and follows suit.

{A.N}

Ollla!

Please comment vote and follow!!

Jo xx