gwaine is actually a child , fight me

Gwaine's POV:
I get off of the floor and sit myself into Percival's lap with force , he grunted in slight pain. Not so strong now is he? I crane my neck around and kiss him softly , i can feel his arm snake around my neck and find home within my luxurious hair.

"Oi Oi get a room!"
I kiss him with more force before turning around to face Leon,
"Oh i'm sorry, i didn't realise we were outside. Let me just go inside real quick , oh wait would you look at that . Seems i'm already in a room."
I go back to find Percival's lips when all of a sudden i feel something hit the back of my head , i look around for the culprit ; my eyes landing upon Leon yet again.

"Sorry , i slipped."
Yeah right , i'll show him a slip. Watch how fun he finds slipping down the stairs or slipping in the middle of the street or when i slip and accidentally poor a bucket of water upon him . Whoopsie Daisy , my mistake. Now that sounds like a plan, i need to get Merlin or Mordred in with this- i could use a little magical touch.

I flash him a sarcastic grin , i hadn't even turned my head fully around when even more items were chucked at me. Each of them were sat there with fake little innocent faces , oh but they don't fool me - i can see straight through their facades. I may be a drunk but i am not stupid , well not totally , well at least not most of the time...i have my moments.

I dramatically roll off of Percy and onto the floor. I crawl until i'm face to face with Leon, he looks back at me with a challenging smirk. I just simply place myself across the three and make a point of shoving my feet into his crotch hard. He doubles over in pain.

"Oh you little bitch."
I just wink and wave my fingers at him before closing my eyes and nestling into Gwens lap.
"I love you too Leon."
He just rolls his eyes and places his hands upon my ankles , resting them there. See, if people saw the previous interaction they'd probably just assume we were enemies or something but in reality this is just how us knights work. We've always been more brawn than brain , not naming any names but i might be guilty.

"They've been gone a long time , do you reckon they are okay ? Gabriel just kind of showed up and kidnapped them."
Elyan said, voicing his concern. I mean i would be concerned if it were anyone else but we all know that if anyone can handle themselves it's Merlin , plus Gabriel seems like a pretty sound guy. He's earned my trust. Gives me a thought , which is never good - hurts me to think too much, i ain't built for that (tis why we have Merlin). Can Archangels ,or whatever the hell Gabriel is, get drunk? I need to try , i can already tell he will be a bloody hilarious drunk , a bit like me actually.

Gwen speaks up which causes her to stop playing with my hair , which earns her a sad whine from me . Rightfully so , she flat out just neglected me.
"I wouldn't worry Elyan , we all know that Merlin can take care of himself and we all know that he will protect Mordred . I trust Gabriel , he is a friend - i am sure of it . They will be back soon , until then we should distract ourselves. Gwaine any ideas?"

I feel my ears burn at the mention of my name , oh so she does remember me - how lovely. I make a point of rubbing my head against her leg which makes her laugh at my pouty face before she finally returns her attention to my hair.

"Well we don't have any alcohol so there's my main idea gone . But there's still a few classic tavern games we can play , oooh by the way did you know they are called pubs now . How strange is that, Pub . It's a funny old word isn't it , almost as peculiar as Mr Percival over there. Wait a minute where was i? .....OH YEAH GAMES! How about never have i ever or we can just catch up on all the main gossip . Like have you seen Sam and Gabriel? They are almost as bad as Castiel and Dean."

I was about to carry on speaking my amazing words when suddenly a hand comes down upon my mouth , stopping the flow of my brilliant must be heard words. Gwen . How dare she do this to me? Right silent treatment it is. I pull my hands across my chest and cross them angrily before furrowing my eyebrows to show just how angry i am , how betrayed i feel . I lick her hand but still she doesn't remove it , tough as stone she is ; can see why she was Queen and not some random good for nothing princess.

I look at Percy with my puppy dog eyes , hoping to catch him off guard and make him feel guilty for sitting by and watching this absolutely absurdity ; which is the restriction on my freedom of speech. I mean i guess i can kind of understand why she did it , i can tire myself out with how much i speak sometimes. Alas , today wasn't one of those days.

"I feel guilty as hell."
I say once Gwen finally removed her hand from my mouth . I moved so i was sitting against the bed , a more mature position. The others looked at me with concern, i guess i'm not one for being serious. Their silence tells me to continue.
"All these years you Leon and Merlin , you've both had to live them alone . You have had to watch people you love die , you've had to deal with all the pain you've felt without us. Merlin used to visit us everyday before he moved. He would sit by the lake and he'd cry for hours. Sometimes he would smoke and just vent. Other times he would just sit there silently and show us his magic, the blue butterflies were always my favourite.
I remember each and every thing he told me, and it hurts, i don't know if you guys remember or if you guys can feel it too? I should've been stronger , i shouldn't have died that day, i should've told Merls that i knew and i should've told Percy that i loved him, i should've said goodbye. I failed and i feel so guilty for it."

Gwens hand finds itself on my knee and i place mine over it, Percy too now sits beside me . His hand on my shoulder, Elyans on my other shoulder. Leon just sits there quietly.

"I forgive you. I don't think there's anything to forgive but i forgive you. I'm sorry that i didn't come to the lake and i'm sorry i didn't join you in it and i'm sorry that it took me so long to find Merlin. You died a hero , not a failure . You never were a failure and you never will be. I'm sorry and i forgive you."
Leon, as noble as ever.

"Im sorry for leaving you all of my own accord . I was overwhelmed with grief and i was selfish. I should've thought of you first , that is what a knight should've done . I don't think i was worthy of my title that day."
I pull Percy into a hug as he says that , he falls heavily against my chest ; knocking all the air out but i don't complain , i could never complain. I love him too much , more than anything and anyone...more than alcohol . That's how serious this is.

We sit in silence but it's isn't awkward or uncomfortable, it's needed. All of us are touching in one way or another, it's the closeness and being together that really sells it. We would be lost without eachother , we are one giant and unconventional family . I wouldn't change it for the world.

If someone told me this is how my life would go , if someone told me of all the losses i would face , if someone told me i could change it knowing what i know now...i wouldn't , i would never . I would die a million times over fighting by Arthur's side , fighting by their sides. There is not a version of my life where i won't be doing that. I always said i would never die for a nobel but i would die for eternity if it were for them.

Family , family means everything.

These people are my everything, they are my saviours , they are the air i breathe.

God i need drink.