Chapter 12 - The Girl With The Past

Mason's P.O.V.

     The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. My eyes snapped open as my hands continued to pat the space next to me, where my mate was. I sat up in my bed, listening for any sounds throughout the house. I found a lovely singing in the kitchen, soon a sweet smell floated through the creak in my bedroom door. I breathed the scent through my nose and closed my eyes. Is my mom already making breakfast? I looked over at the clock and saw it was 11 o' clock. Hm. My mom never cooks this late, neither does she sing. I got up from the bed and took a shower. Since today we had no school, I didn't mind putting on a shirt when I exited my room, all I had on was my sweatpants. I walked into the kitchen and found my mom and dad sitting around the table as my mate stood at the stove, her back facing me. My mate can cook?

     "Mason, honey, sit down!" squealed my mom. She looked eerily happy. I sat down, across from my dad and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He just shrugged and looked at the newspaper in-front of him. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't recognize a cup of coffee being put in-front of me. I looked up and saw my mate standing there with a smile on her face.

     "Here, drink it," she said before walking away. I couldn't help but let my eyes stray to her backside. Mother of God. She was wearing sport booty shorts with a plain with t-shirt. As if she could feel my gaze, she turned around and narrowed her eyes slightly as I smirked. She rolled her eyes and continued to cook. I brought the cup of coffee up to my mouth, only to find it taste nothing like the one my mom makes. It tasted better than my mom's, a whole lot better.

     "Good, isn't it?" asked my father, obviously seeing my expression to the coffee. I looked up at him and nodded.

     "It's my family recipe. Trust me, my family has lots of recipes to everything," said Christina, without turning to look at us. I smiled and watched her cook, even though I could barely see anything.

     "Is that Christina's cooking I smell?!?!" shouted Alex, from the rail the over-looks the living room.

     "WHAT?!" shouted Jessica, Arial, and Johnny, followed by the sounds of thundering steps. As soon as they came in-to view, they were still dressed in their pajama's. The looked like kids waking up on Christmas morning.

     "Is Christina's cooking that good?" I asked. All of them looked over at me with a dead expression as they sat down around the table.

     "Yes, it is!" screeched Jessica. Christina laughed and placed a cup of coffee in-front of them also.

     "Yes, it's my cooking," she said. Everyone's face soon brightened as she said that.

     "What are you making?" squealed Arial.

     "Ham and cheese croissants, cinnamon pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs," she said. Just by saying that, Arial, Alex, Johnny, and Jessica basically foamed at the corner of their mouths'.

     "That's our favorite!" drooled Alex. I just watched in amusement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     Before you know it, each and every one of us had a plate in-front of us with what looked like scrambled eggs, sausage, cinnamon pancakes, and the ham and cheese croissants. It smelled heavenly. I was about to dig in, but Jessica stopped me.

     "Wait, we want to capture your expressions one by one," said Jessica. I sighed and put my fork down. My mom went first. When she bit into the ham and cheese croissant, she moaned.