Chapter 2 - A New Beginning With A...Mate?

Christina's P.O.V.

     BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

     Ugh...I'm really starting to hate this annoying alarm clock. Today was Monday, meaning first day of school. Yayyy! Not. I really didn't like schools around The Midnight Silver Pack, hell I don't even like Midnight Silver Pack itself, the girls are sluts who get way to jealous when another girl hits on or flirts with their "man", and the guys are way to cocky, and have an ego the size of Texas...if possible...bigger than Texas.

     When I got out of the shower, I did my morning routine. When I finished putting on some make-up, I looked in the full length mirror. I was wearing white skinny jeans, a white tank top underneath the stripe sequin kimono sleeve sweater that I bought at Bebe the other day, and to go with all that, black ankle boots.

     Everything about me was pretty much the same, lightly tanned skin, blond hair, and my figure. My brother always said I looked like my mom, the only thing missing was the happiness and joy in my eyes. All of the happiness, and joy, gone. All because of one nightmare that happened years ago that left a big impact on my life.

     I was so deep in my thoughts that I hadn't realised Alex come in. As I looked up to see his gaze on me, he came up from behind me and slipped his arms around my waist and pulling me into a behind hug.

     "Hey, ready for school?" he asked softly. He knows what I was thinking about. Who wouldn't? After seeing all hell break loose when I was only five, who wouldn't be haunted?! I mean common, fate, be a little more reasoning, give me a break!

     I scoffed mentally of the fact of fate giving anyone a break.

     I sighed and turned around to look up at him. "Not really," I replied.

     "You look gorgeous, only thing missing is a happy smile," what a charmer. See what I mean? He was my best-est friend out of the group.

     "I don't know Alex. I just don't feel the same anymore. I feel so lost, and lonely," I replied, looking away from his piercing gaze, knowing him, he was trying to glare at me with all the nonsense I was saying.

     "Well, guess what? Your not alone in this, you have me, your brother, Jessica, and Arial. I know it was hard for you nine years ago to leave our old pack and watch them all die, but that was the past, we're in the future now, and your not alone," he said, tilting my chin up so I could look at him. His eyes showed nothing but sympathy and sadness, with a hint of pain.

     "Alex is right little sis, we love you very much, and we left that all behind us. We're starting a new life now, to forget about the past and move on. No matter what you feel or say. I also know mom and dad are watching over us, protecting us, do you think they want you to give up on life? To give up on everything we've gone through so far? To give up every milestone we've made?" asked my brother.

     When I looked up, he was leaning in the doorway, looking at me with a sad expression, it hurt me. I didn't want him to feel hurt because of me. I kept on thinking about what he said, the questions kept replaying in my mind over and over again. I looked back up at him and I saw Jessica and Arial behind him looking pained and hurt too. I looked up at Alex and he had the same expression as Jessica and Arial. All these people in my room right now are the only ones I care about, the only family I have right now. I knew what my answer was to my brother's question.

     "No," I croaked.

     As I looked at everyone, they all smiled. Alex and I walked over towards my brother, Jessica, and Arial and had a group hug.